HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Wiper Blades Suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Wiper Blades Suck

Do anyone else's wiper blades constantly streak? I replaced them and they were good for about a month before going back to streaking.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: Wiper Blades Suck

What are your driving conditions like? My first set lasted a little over a year and a half, this second set is also right around their one-year birthday.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Clean them with a tissue. H

Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Living in Phoenix I'm used to rubber not surviving. Honda does sell just the rubber part of the wiper blade. I've replaced mine just recently and still had some shuddering.

Here's what I found. The blades to tend to get dirty so I always make an attempt to give them a swipe with the wash mitt whenever I wash the car. Also, having a nice smooth windshield helps a lot. I took a clay bar to my windshield and wow did it get a lot of junk off of there I couldn't see. Now it is a much smoother surface and the blades work perfectly. Any auto parts stores auto care aisle will have various types of clay bar products, make sure you get the lubricant with it, which is just a detailing mist. While your at it clay the whole car, you'll be amazed what comes off the surface.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Anyone use RainX?

nf

Old 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by noflash
Anyone use RainX?
Great stuff as long as you're driving over 30mph or so. Doesn't help me get off the morning frost, though.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rick
I took a clay bar to my windshield and wow did it get a lot of junk off of there I couldn't see. Now it is a much smoother surface and the blades work perfectly.
This is a great suggestion and one that most people would never think about (because they don't know that such a thing exists).

Clay bar is a great detailing tool, intended mainly for paint but works excellent on the windows too. After I have a piece of clay that is full of contaminates I always resign it to doing window cleaning and wheel cleaning duties

You'd be amazed at how great they can clean a windshield.

After you are done with it (basically all you need to do is get some soap on it and the window, and move it in a back and forth motion), dry the window and put some aquapel or rainx on it. Aquapel is just like rainx, only for durable and will last longer.