HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Window Scuffs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Question Window Scuffs

Hello Everyone...
Ever since I bought my car, there have been little marks that appear after I roll down the back left (driver side) window. It is almost as if the window is being scratched down there, but the marks wipe off with a towel. I couldn't really take a pic of them (I can post my attempts if anyone wants), but they look like little rectangle patches of vertical scrapes. Has anyone else seen/heard of this??

Thanks for your comments.

On a side note, when I was washing my car today, I found a chip in the paint from someone who I parked next to who opened their door. It is on the back door, so I'm assuming it was probably just a kid.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window Scuffs

yeah thats nothing to be worried about. I see it on all of my windows. Its sort of some residue from that rubber on the inside that causes lines on the windows.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 PM

okay thanks. I was hoping that it was just grease and not scratches that were getting deeper and deeper.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

One of my first posts to this forum was on the window scuffing issue. On the day I took delivery, the left rear window had a terrible "rubber-on-glass" squeak when it was raised. This was also accompanied by the vertical streaks on the inside of the glass. A quick investigation revealed that one of the rubber molding strips at the base of the window (just below the rubber strip you can actually see while sitting in the seat) had flipped upside down. This meant that the normal side with black felt was now reversed and the pure rubber side was sliding against the window. I resolved the problem by lowering the window completely and carefully "re-flipping" the rub strip to its proper upright orientation with a plastic putty knife (working from the back towards the front). If you don't feel comfortable doing this, suggest that your Honda dealer take a look.

Depending on temperature, etc., your strip may have also flipped upside down and is causing streaks but not a squeak. I suggest you roll the problem window all the way down and take a look at the orientation of the inside rubber seal using a flashlight. Do the same for one of the "good" windows and, if you see a difference in the orientation of the strip, you may have found your problem.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 AM

Thanks. I'll check that out.