HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Where to pick up a New Dunlap

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Where to pick up a New Dunlap

My wife blew out a tire during routing driving in a parking lot. After reading all the craziness involved with not getting the exact same tire fitment, I am in the market for a Dunlap SP31. Apparently they are next to impossible to find for a reasonable price. Gemini was quoting me 135 + tax. Finally I found that the dealer that I bought my car from had 1 in stock for 85.

Have any you others found the best way to pick up a tire

Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to pick up a New Dunlap

Tirerack.com has them in stock for $70 each. You can find an installer near you by punching in your zip code. They can ship it directly to the installer.

Click here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=S

Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

After I purchased the car, I went to discount tire to get the road hazard warranty on my tires. It was like $13.50 a tire. So, $54 for all four of them. I have already used it and got a new tire. It took them about a month to get the tire in since it was on back order from Tire Rack. That is where they get there tires from. But, you can bring the print out of the Tire Rack ad and Discount Tire will match it. You just have to pay tax...usually cheaper than shipping cost. Plus they will mount and balance it for around $10.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Dunlop... wth is Dunlap

Old 02-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

I ended going with the dealer. 100 total and i got a free wash and i got it the next day. i will have to look into the insurance thing