HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Well it has happen to me- Battery death

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Well it has happen to me- Battery death

Well

I guess it was bound to happen... I have a 2007 HCHII with 110,000 miles
with a lifetime ave of 44 mpgs. Of course Spring and Fall I get better 46, and Summer and Winter 43 or so. Overall I am very happy with the mileage.

I have been experiencing many recalls since last December. Full SOC in the evening, then 200 yards in the morning down to 2 SOC.

Took it in to the Dealer today, for its inspection and told them about the issue with the battery since December.

They just called and said that the battery was at 25%, but since no IMA light the dealer would not replace under warranty. Service tech said the light should come on around 20% and then without question the battery would be replaced.I even did the "it is not safe to drive with the amount of recalls I am getting" They said it would be fine, it will not leave you stranded!!!!

I told them I was not worried about being on the side of the road, I was concerned about being in an accident.

Well I guess I will have to get the light to come on in the next 12,000 miles!!! What if I start to drive the car harder....use the battery more?

I would assume that the value of the car is greatly reduced with a bad battery.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to proceed?

Brian

Last edited by hchiiluv; 10-26-2012 at 08:26 AM.