HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Trunk issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down Trunk issues

So.. long story short I was rear-ended by a girl who should not be on the road since she rear-ended me 1. In a construction zone, 2. in a 30 mph zone, 3. after i was stopped for over 30 seconds, and the car ahead of me was stopped.

Her reason and I quote: "Oh, I don't know why I didn't stop. I was just looking around and well, I just didn't stop". This was her answer to the officer.

Anyways, the damage was really not too bad considering. But I will need a new bumper, I need a new center cap, a new splash guard, and i need repair work done on the rear quarter panel. My batter doesn't seem to be charging well so I am having that looked at as well.
My quote before visiting the body shop was $1,200.00
I am taking my car in to Osteen's Auto Body who has a very good reputation around town and has done a lot of work for Acura.
They are submitting a supplemental to Geico (the girl's insurance) and I will see how that goes.
As it is I am already going to be paying for OEM parts since Geico refuses to do so.

Now down to the trunk issue. As we all know, our spoilers are rubbing the paint off our trunks. I had complained to my dealership about the problem at under 7k to which they took off the spoiler, added a spacer and used touch up paint.
The issue has gotten worse and now the paint is even fading near the spoiler. Since I was already at a body shop, I got a quote to the tune of $688.00 after the discount since they are already going to be blending into the area and already have to take out a tail-light. Needless to say I was not very happy about having to pay it myself, and they suggested I contact my dealership.
The dealership of course sings the lovely tune about it being over 36k, which I understand. But I would think a record of complaint should buffer that. Since I no longer deal with that dealership I contacted my new dealership who said the best they could do is take photos and contact American Honda.
I contacted American Honda myself who as usual was rude and not helpful, after asking a lot of questions and getting some of my information wrong on repetition she put me on hold only to come back and say that even if the dealership has a document of the problem and even if they contact them directly there is still nothing American Honda can do to assist since I am over my warranty.

So that is my vent for the day.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: Trunk issues

Bad publicity on local television stations often changes both dealership and corporate responses, especially when there's a published TSB about the issue you're complaining about.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Trunk issues

This is definetly my last Honda, and not because I don't love it, I am just tired of dealing with American Honda. Some of you might remember my IMA issues after I went to the dealership for recall work. That resulted in NO help from American Honda or Honda corp in Japan.
Come to find out my wiring harness had been cut, the wires TAPED together, not even spliced, and it was another dealership who figured it out. After months of dealing with that. I was not at all surprised to hear them tell me no again about this problem.