Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Spoiler vs Trunk Lid Update (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/spoiler-vs-trunk-lid-update-13878/)

mechanicjesus 11-05-2007 01:31 AM

Re: Spoiler vs Trunk Lid Update

Took mine in last Monday 10.29 went to pick it up Thursday it looked like they had put some touch up paint on 1 side and done nothing with the other and had never taken the spoiler off I showed the service manager and he kept the car. I'm still waiting to hear from them again at least they are paying for a rental while they fix it.

arbittan 11-05-2007 05:35 PM

I would report this, but until it rubs into the paint to the metal and rust, There is no point. Honda does not seem to have a fix for this. From what I read here on the forum, they are removing the spoiler and applying ClearBra. Once the trunk starts to rust, I will have them replace the trunk without a spoiler attached :)

giantquesadilla 11-05-2007 07:03 PM

It seems like they could just remanufacture the spoiler with a rubber bottom or something, so it doesn't scratch the paint. It amazes me that this issue has survived 3 generations!
Arbittan: I too am waiting until it gets worse. I don't see it worth my time to take it in for little scratches. (I may not wait until it starts rusting, but mine really is not bad right now)

Scuddy 11-06-2007 09:37 AM

I got mine back and it's been over 700 miles and no rubbing. They apparently tightened up the two screws/nuts in the middle. But no clear-bra, no spacers, no rubber and so far so good. I'll keep updating as life goes on.....

arbittan 11-06-2007 10:30 AM

Just a reminder to forum members. Depending on your local state laws, a dealer must try to fix the same problem three times before it is considered a lemon. For some members here who live in the state of Maryland it is a 3x repair or 1xrepair if it is related to safety features like brakes or airbags.

It might sound like a stupid thing to test that law, but if the problem is wide spread on all Hybrids then Honda having to repurchase several Civic instead of issing a recall might be the ticket we need to get this fixed!!

giantquesadilla 11-07-2007 08:36 AM

arbittan: this has already been looked into. I think it would be great if just one person could get their HCH qualified as a lemon for this reason. However, most lemon laws only apply to problems that affect the value or driveablity of the car.

arbittan 11-07-2007 11:33 AM

Having your trunk lid repainted or replace would qualify for negative value.

-- My friend had his car repainted under warranty (Oddessey Van) and in the computer it states it has been repainted/or major accident. Fortunately he keeps his service reciepts.

(The Van had a paint defect that made the paint crack and peel from the hood, roof, top trunk and top fenders....)