HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Service A + other issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Service A + other issues

I will be dropping off my 06 HCHII for it's first oil change (8600 miles on the ODO) tonight. I will ask the service manager to looking the following problems:

1. Driver side window offtrack - the window closes outside the frame and leave a huge gap; I have to physically pull the window as it's going to so that it seals properly.

2. Loose suspension noise from passenger side rear - sound like something is loose whenever I go over a speedbump

3. Farting noise eminating from the steering column - my wife looks at me funny everytime that noise is made; I have given up and take the blame or sometimes I sneak one out and blame it on the car. This usually occurs when I am braking hard or after Taco Bell.

4. Loose arm rest making a rattling noise at idle.

Any of these issues familiar with any of you? Just curious.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service A + other issues

The window and the "fart" noise have been documented on other threads here. I've heard of rattles at the seat belt adjuster, but not on the arm rest. Never heard of the suspension noise, either.

Guess I'm lucky (so far). No troubles at all with my 11,000 mi. HCHII.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
World's First Hybrid
Default Re: Service A + other issues

I have experienced the rear suspension noise, and front suspension noise too, but mine is an 05. I've had everything out of the trunk including all the carpets and spare/jack etc. It may be coming from the battery compartment but I'm not going to poke around in there for obvious reasons. Dealer says all is well and tight. Seems like when the tires are over 40psi this happens. I always keep my psi over 40 so guess I'll have to live with the noise. Also, while sitting in the driver's seat, trans in P, engine off, emergency brake on, I hear a rumbling noise if I wiggle around in the seat. With the brake off, no noise.