HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Service due...questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Service due...questions

Lost my favorite dealer, guess they were too honest...at any rate they were bought out by corprate mega dealer ****** who have a known rep in this area and, well it isn't a good one.
My 2007 HCH II is coming up on 20,000 miles and 3 years of service, the A1 reminder is showing with 5% left. I am going to try a new dealer which I have never used before....I was pleased when I asked about the oil, he told me it would be 0-20 no hassels...but I don't know if I can fully trust them, I'm old & they are new
Does anyone know for sure what needs to be done at this time, I know oil change and tire rotation (should they be re-balanced?), but not sure about other things, the manual says brake fluid at 3 years regardless of mileage, dealer says no (uninformed or lazy? can't imigane them passing up a buck), transmission fluid?, I have seen 3 years regardless of mileage also 30,000 miles or wait till the 3 service shows up, I don't see anything specific in the manual.
HELP!!!

Last edited by Bobs Metallic Pearl; 02-20-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service due...questions

Bob I had by brake fluid changed at just over 3 years and the brakes feel much better & firmer. The whole car just felt like new again, weird, but I highly recommend it.

Tires should be rotated at every oil changed, for me was every 7500 miles. I've yet to have mine re-balanced after 42k miles.

The car will tell you when to change the transmission fluid, which for you, shouldn't be for another 5k - 10k miles.

I would have oil changed, brake fluid changed and tires rotated.

Jess

Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Primary service maintenance and mileages:

Oil change 10k miles
Oil Filter change either 10K or 20K (your choice)
CVT oil change 30K miles
Air filter change 30K miles
Cabin Filter change 30K miles
Brake fluid change 3 years
Wiper refill change 30K miles
rotate tires 10K miles
Clean off engine compartment 30K miles

That is it.

This is what I do, and have had excellent results. I have the oil tested at every drain, and the oil shows excellent results with plenty of life left in it.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer is asking $260 for things they will do listed below ...
  1. Change Oil and Filter
  2. Check Fluid Level and adjust as needed
  3. Set tire pressure
  4. Rotate tire
  5. Inspect front and rear brakes
  6. Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox/boot
  7. Inspect suspension components
  8. Inspect drive-shaft boots
  9. Lube locks, latches, and hinges
  10. Inspect and adjust drive belts
  11. Replace dust and pollen filters
  12. Change air cleaner elements
  13. Service battery and install anti-corrosive pads
  14. Install fuel system cleaner
I know most of can be done myself but not sure about #6 7, 8, 10 and 14. Any suggestions?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

@ Mikoo,

Your list appears to be a generic service that most any shop could easily do. The various inspections are very quick to perform by anyone with a hoist. How many miles on the car? One thing they don't mention is a CVT fluid change. The HCHII uses a special fluid and you are wise to not let it go too long. If they spot any problems then you can get to a dealer for anything that is covered by warranty. Be sure they use the proper 0w-20 oil and preferably full synthetic. $260 seems a bit steep for what is probably no more than an hour's work and the price of the oil and the filters, although they are fairly expensive for the OEM Honda items.
Cheers,

Roger

Last edited by Dream'R; 03-18-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: clarification re: filters
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Wow do they include personal lube...sorry....what maintence minder code are you seeing? My dealer charges 48.95 for a A, 89.95 for a B, 1 is free (tire rotation)...Well I have attached their pricelist...the cabin air filter should cost all of $15-20 & take about 5 minutes to change...you can find videos of how to do that on u-tube.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Document (1).pdf (26.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

A1 is oil change (not oil and filter change) and tire rotation, as outlined in your Owners Manual. If you want you can do other things. You're likely coming up on the 3rd year of ownership, which means a brake fluid change is warranted.

Personally, I would just get the oil changed, put off the tire rotation until B service shows, which includes brake inspection. Then the tires are coming off anyway, so a good time to rotate them. Also, no need to rebalance tires.

I would say the Maintenance Minder is buggy to be calling for A1: it makes much more sense to include "1" (tire rotation) with "B" service, with it's brake inspection.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast

I am not seeing any light or maintenance minders on my dahsborad. When I went to my dealer to get an oil change, he asked me since my car has 37K miles on it.

So from reading all the responses, it looks like, I don't need to get anything except may be CVT fluid but best thing to do is I will check my Owner's manaul and see what am I suppose to get done at junction.