HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Question for those with HID's installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Question for those with HID's installed

Has anyone yet gone through a state safety inspection with HID's installed in your HCH-II? I'm considering doing an install, but don't want to fail safety because of it.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question for those with HID's installed

In my HCHII, I haven't had to go through inspection yet. I'm not sure about other states, but in Delaware you can get a NEW car tagged for 5 years. They also enacted something that cars after a certain year, don't have to go through inspection, just have to send in the $40/yr for registration now.

However, I did make it through inspection with HIDs installed on a VW passat, because it had a separate Hi-Beam light. Since the HCHII does, you should be OK. I don't think that they can tell you that you fail because of the HID lights, as long as you have low & hi beams.

Again, this is only for me here in Delaware from my experiences. Different states may be different.

On a side note, I just installed my newly received HID low beams in my HCH. It took about 60 - 90 minutes, but really wasn't all that difficult. I say that, but only because some of the great people on this site that posted pictures and steps as to how to do everything! I did have some difficulty getting the ballasts mounted, but with some creativity and cable ties, managed to get them secured to some of the metal beams.

Hope that helps, with all the rambling I did

Matt