HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Question on lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Question on lights

I was reading about a dodge concept car, the daemon from yahoo. One thing that caught my attention was the article mentioned how the headlight assembly is finished inside with black chrome, which I assume does not reflect light and helps create a more dynamic and aggressive lighting appeal?

I've thought about altering the bulbs for some time, I even tried HID bulbs from ebay (which didn't last long, at least the ones that also function as DRL's)

So basically I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket lighting, would it be possible to open the covering for the bulbs to paint the inside surface a none reflective color, and also would doing this create the more "expencive" and "aggresive" look of lights in BMW's and such? Is it even possible to get inside the covering for the bulbs? Or is an entire aftermarket assembly needed?

Hard to put to words, but the civic lights pretty much look like just a glow from head on while a newer BMW has lights where you can clearly make out each round bulb. Its the clear and bright and very defined bulb look I'm trying to go for, without resorting to buying an entire new lighting frame.

Would appreciate any advice. Even if its to spend my money elsewhere

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question on lights

I use Silverstars, and I like the additional clarity and brightness they give, but they do go out quicker than halogen. You can buy a two-pack of Silverstars for under $30 on Ebay.

Sylvania also came out with Silverstar Ultras not too long ago, which are supposed to last 20% longer than the regular Silverstars.