HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Navi information

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Navi information

I am looking to purchase a HCH with Navi and am looking for more information on that system. Does anyone know where I could find out more about the navigation system? It the manual online somewhere of in PDF form? Is it the same system that are installed in the Acuras?
Thanks for your time.
Ted

Old 10-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast
Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navi information

The Honda Civics come with an Alpine unit. That Pioneer AVIC-Z1 was an aftermarket addition.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link but I was looking for information about the Navi unit that comes with the car.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Do you have an Acura? I have a 2004 MDX with Nav and the 2007 HCH with Nav. The Navi's are very similar - main difference is no "trip computer" on the HCH. In order to get the "Direction List" on the HCH you have to push the "map" button (on the MDX you just touch "Direction List" on the touch screen). Also on the HCH: more color/background choices for menus/maps; option to have screen display a clock; audio (radio) display with color/background choices (i.e., pulsing bars, etc.), station # & name, etc.; small clock display & radio info at bottom of map screen (switches to street info at touch of a button). Screen rotates out & DVD slot is behind it (as is CD player slot) - in MDX player is under passenger seat wasting a good deal of space! Not sure if HCH "What time is it" feature is linked to satellite (MDX was) - still trying to figure that out....

All in all I see more options, not fewer and, experienced no pain in switching from one to the other.

Last edited by kpalmal; 11-03-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kpalmal
Not sure if HCH "What time is it" feature is linked to satellite (MDX was) - still trying to figure that out...
There are a couple of time related vocal commands... "what time is it" gives the current time. As we found out last weekend, our clocks are all adjusted automatically (daylight / standard time) and they are adjusted to the correct time via the GPS signal. I'll be anxious to see how this works next year when they change the start and end points of Daylight time. I'm thinking this is pre-programmed in (not a GPS signal), so we'll have a bug (similar to Y2K) next year!!!

The other time command is "How long... to the destination" that will give an estimated time to the final destination. I don't know if it's estimated based upon present (actual) average road speed or based upon pre-determined speed estimates of the planned route.