HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Howdy Folks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Enthused Enthusiast
Default Howdy Folks!

I'm a soon to be owner! I just put my deposit down on a Magnetic Pearl Navi

I'm looking forward to actually participating on the forums (I think I've read every post in the last month and tracking my mileage here also!

It was such a hard choice between the Prius and the HCHII, but overall, the cost, looks and interior of the Civic won out.

I am planning on having the dealer install the splash guards (handy here in the NW?) and the interior illumination kit and the rear cup holders.. anyone have these items? Int Illumination as cool as I think it is? Worth it? How about the cupholders?

Thanks and hello to all!

Limey

Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Howdy Folks!

Congrats! I have no idea about the lumination or the cup holders, but enjoy your new car!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the Magnetic Pearl Navi club!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 PM

Welcome, its a fun car! My 2006 came with splash guards. They no longer do, I take it. H

Old 06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good choice! You picked the right color

Old 06-05-2008, 07:07 AM

Congrats and welcome!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by limey6413
I am planning on having the dealer install the splash guards (handy here in the NW?) and the interior illumination kit and the rear cup holders.. anyone have these items? Int Illumination as cool as I think it is? Worth it? How about the cupholders?

Hi limey6413, and welcome to GH.

I have a custom illumination kit which resembles the OEM option except that it illuminates the rear floor as well and it is dim-able.
Needless to say, I got this done on both of my cars and it actually works very well, particularly at night.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Enthused Enthusiast

Awesome! Where did you get your kit? Dimmable sounds nice.

I am thinking about just ordering the cup holders and "installing" them myself, as I don't want to be charged $50 in labor just for them to slot in two pieces of plastic!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Wish I new it all!

Limey:

You would definetely be a sucker if you pay to have the rear seat cupholders installed, it would work out to about $3000/hr being that it would take about a minute. If you decide to buy them I would recommend looking online at procivic.com, hondapartsdeals.com, handa-accessories.com, bernardiparts.com, or collegehillshonda.com. Any of those places would sell them, and they would probably be cheaper than the dealership even with shipping. As for the illumanation kit, some of those sites sell the stock kit as well so you can install it yourself and save some cash.
I have some dealer installed accessories on my 08 HCH, which I like. I would recommend the Auto Day/Night Mirror, I personally think it just classes the car up over the stock rearview mirror. I would stay away from the interior gauge trim kit, I have it and am not all that impressed. I have the chrome exhaust tip which is an easy DIY project with only one bolt holding it on. I have the all season floor mats which are great compared to the cheap stock carpet ones they give you, especially with snow and rain. And lastly I had the front, side and rear under spoilers from the civic sedan installed, which I love the look of! Oh yeah, I also bought door sill scuff plates from College Hills Honda, which they actually ship over from Australia where they are option on the Civic Sedans over there.

Congratulations, and happy motoring!

Brent

Old 06-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Wish I new it all!

oops, i forgot my fog lights, those just look cool in my opinion! darn honda and all there dealer installed options.

Quick Reply: Howdy Folks!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands