HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Hello, and a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hello, and a couple questions

Hey folks,

Been surfing through alot of these threads and have enjoyed the posts both good and bad...

I take ownership of my 07' Silver Civic Hybrid with Navi on Wednesday. It's killing me that it is just sitting there at the dealership and not in my garage. (I have to wait till my sister buys my 00' BMW from me). Anyway I have a couple of questions:

1) Does Honda post the owners manual anywhere on the net in PDF form? I looked around the site, signed up in the owners circle, and still couldnt find the owners manual anywhere.

2) I have seen a ton of posts with people showing their FE. What are people seeing with riders? I drive 45 miles a day with 3 other guys in the car. What sort of drop in FE will I see? I understand I wont get the impressive 50+ mpg, but how bad will it be?

3) Does Honda provide a free 90 day XM trial with the Navi systems? Does XM traffic get updated to the Navi somehow? (I have never owned a Navi system)

4) I keep reading posts that say "dont worry about the tax credit, you will get it" Is there a site that shows for sure where Honda is on their limit?

5) Is anyone on the site from Utah, and what do I need to do in order to get a Utah "C" plate to ride in the HOV lane?

Thanks in advance for the help, I just can't wait to drive it home!

Old 11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello, and a couple questions

Hey Man,

What's your name bro, lol ....

Can't put answer to all your quiz's, But I can give this quibber about the weight deal. Being a working stiff union scale tile guy, when the shop give the yap, I make the effort. Generally, I carry about 150 + lbs in tools in the trunk w/ the heavier items riding above the axle. Well the bosses ( there is always more than one, lol ), decieded to up the anny a bit the second week I was into the thrill of it all with thee ol' "PinBall".

Long story short, having 480 lbs in 5 boxes sunk into the seat cushions had me giving the reply of, "Well we will just have to see what gives. Now won't we ????", when asked, "You think it going to be safe ????". Safe to say, the stuff could have, and should have been deliviered ahead. Thus my choosen words when I am asked to make the job change @ mid day. Go figure !!!!

Anyway. The trip from the shop to the jobsite was approx. 35 miles in an urban setting with speeds between 45-60 mph. I travel with traffic ,and supzingly the miles per gal. managed to gain a couple tenths. More "Impressive was the overall Performance" of the new toy. I'm enjoying the "HCH II" at this point, enough that I put it through the laps at a harder than what some would pace. Break-em in strong & they will always run strong has been my motto ( no failures yet/crossing the fingers, lol ) with new cars. It seems to working it's magic once more, so far.

Take your time, "Learn the what the car will do & When" regarding terrain/weight, and chance are you see excellent results. Just don't except miricales out the gate with these "Hi-tect Ponys". I am only now begining to se the motor loosen-up a smig after 2125.0 miles, but the mpg avg. has almost 5 gals., on 4 tanks since taking deliviery, 3 weeks ago.

.... Welcome to the hybrid sandbox.

John

Old 11-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by UtahHCH2
1) Does Honda post the owners manual anywhere on the net in PDF form? I looked around the site, signed up in the owners circle, and still couldnt find the owners manual anywhere.

If you cannot find the user's manual in PDF format just send me a Private Message with your email address and I will email it to you.

BTW, Congrats on your new car.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Thumbs up Re: Hello, and a couple questions

UtahHCH2,

Wecome to GH ! I'll try to answer a few questions:
a. I thought I saw an owners manual somewhere - try a google.
b. I took a trip to South Carolina last April. I had 4 adults (620 lbs) and as much luggage as we could squeeze in (125lbs.). I got better than 50 mpg most of the trip. BUT the weather was warm and I drove 60mph or less. Driving conditions, techniques, etc. matter a lot!
c. Don't know about the trial XM.
d. Ask your dealer to try to contact Honda about how many cars they've sold.
e. Try to google Utah hybrid special plate or Utah .gov and look for dept of transportation, motor vehicles, etc.

If you get cold weather, think about a block heater. Hope this helps. Best of luck with your new ride .

Regards,

Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Here's where you can find the owner's manual. There's a login box, but you don't have to complete it to click on the owner's manuals text on the left side of the site. The owner's manuals are free.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you all for your help! And thanks for the Owners Manual links! Now I have something else to read while I trudge through the day

Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

4) I keep reading posts that say "dont worry about the tax credit, you will get it" Is there a site that shows for sure where Honda is on their limit?

Honda website assures the driving public they will not be producing more than 60,000 hybrid vehicles this year and that all "eligible" vehicles purchased in 2006 "should" qualify for the tax credit - http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Civic+Hybrid

As I have noted in a previous post, my concern is that the 2007 HCH is not on the official IRS eligibility list yet! http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html

I'm sure it will get there.... I hope....

Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UtahHCH2
3) Does Honda provide a free 90 day XM trial with the Navi systems? Does XM traffic get updated to the Navi somehow? (I have never owned a Navi system)
Civic does not feature the XM NavTraffic integration.

http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/get_nav.xmc

Old 11-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast

hi there!

Congrats on your new HCH2 purchase! I bought an '07 and yes the XM does come with a 90 day trial period, and then after that you have the option to continue the subscription.

Enjoy!

Bee

Old 11-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iluvmyhybrid
hi there!

Congrats on your new HCH2 purchase! I bought an '07 and yes the XM does come with a 90 day trial period, and then after that you have the option to continue the subscription.

Enjoy!

Bee
Is this only on '07 models? Just got my '06 w/Nav and was hoping it was available to '06 buyers as well. If so, do you have to contact XM to set it up?

-Adam-

Quick Reply: Hello, and a couple questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands