HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCHII top speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HCHII top speed

I have read in the manual that the 2007 HCH will not let you go beyond 112 mph. I was wondering if anyone has even gotten it up to that. The highest I've gotten it is to 108, and by that time it went into forced regen and my mpg average was significantly lower. I know these cars aren't meant to be driven fast, but I am just curious if anyone else has tried to get it up there. I know it would be possible if you could accelerate down a large hill, but the only place I can try it is on a flat surface.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCHII top speed

When I test drove the Honda HCH II I accelerated up to around 97 mph. These cars have a higher top speed than most people realize and the acceleration is better than the Hybrid stigma. Have not driven over 70 mph since then.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 AM
HypoFueler

It will get up to about 110 or so - though I tend to go about half that

someone posted some pics of doing this in Europe - trying to keep up with sports cars on an unlimited speed freeway....

Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

HCH-II goes up to 112 mph? That's certainly an improvement over its predecessor: the HCH-I has a top speed of 104 mph according to the manual, and I've only ever gotten it up to 98 mph. Always keep it below 70 mph now.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
HOV lane commuter

Haven't found the urge to take it over 90 yet, but I can say that it does 85 for sustained stretches on LA freeways quite comfortably.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Enthusiast

Over here in Europe the top speed is listed as 185 kmh (115 mph).

I have only taken it up to 100 mph, and it seemed quite OK with that. Normally I don't drive over 75 mph though (the speed limit here).

Old 08-09-2007, 03:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
It will get up to about 110 or so - though I tend to go about half that

someone posted some pics of doing this in Europe - trying to keep up with sports cars on an unlimited speed freeway....

Ah yes that would be ...me!

Got it on the gps at 197 kph and the speedo on the dash is verry accurate only was 3kph off or so. lets see if i can find that pic again.

Here's a link to the tread

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...eferrerid=6824

The car handled great at those speeds. I believe it was limited because of the CVT.

Last edited by BlueVFRank; 08-09-2007 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added link
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueVFRank
This friday my girlfriend and myself were enjoing a two day break. During breakfast we where discussing what to do that day. Well i've never been to Danmark so why not go there and so we did.

We decided to have our lunch in danmark. we stepped in the car and headed east towards Germany and the famous autobahn!

The trip towards Danmark was pretty busy with an occasonial trafficjam but with the cruise control on 145 kph we proceeded quite nicely.

After the lunch it was time to get back to the Netherlands. I decided to take a different route in search of empty roads. And we succeeded! Once we got past hamburg the traffic got lighter and at a steady 175 kph things were looking up. The sprint from lets say 120 to 175 goes verry well inthe hybrid thanks to the CVT. Not even loosing a lot of ground to the Audi's and beemers.

at a certain point we were moving along in a nice train of cars when we got held up by a few lorry's overtaking each other. You could fee the suspension building up a a knew that the 4 of us were gonna take advantage (abuse) of the empty stretch of road ahead of us

I switched to sportsmode (the european manual really calls it sportsmode, i know in the US its called short or something like that) and timed when the lorry would go to the side. At that time i slammed on the gas hoping to be able to follow the cars in front of me, and i did. Up to 175 i as able to follow quiete nicely but then it became an battle of HP vs winddrag. I could see the beemers and audi's disapearing in the distance.

180 got reached pretty fast but the car kept accelerating 185 then it started kreeping 190, 191 up to an indacated 193 kilometers per hour when i was approaching some traffic so i lifted of the gas. The gps recorded 189 real kph. I was sprinting al the way back to the netherlands and even so the fuel mileage averaged less than 8 liters per 100 km's wich is verry good when contantly going around and over 175!

a picture says more than a thousand words so here you go!!!!!!!!!

Oeps Claudia isn't used to the camera but luckily the next one worked out great.

and there it is again for all you folks to see. Impressive, BlueVFRank!

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

They go over 53?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by kenny
They go over 53?
Yes, but you have to take the restrictor plate off.

Quick Reply: HCHII top speed

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands