HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH in Singapore? Should I avoid it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default HCH in Singapore? Should I avoid it?

Long story short. I'm thinking of. Buying a HCH in Singapore. Quick summary of buying cars in Singapore.

Brand new HCH is probably about $150,000 US$. I'm not gonna go into the details of it but cars are expensive here. So I'm thinking of getting a second hand HCH for about US$40K. I'll be able to drive the car for about 4-5 years before government regulations force me to scrap it.

With that quick overview out of the way, I'm a bit concerned with battery performance and durability. Singapore is very hot and humid. Not sure how a ten year old hybrid would have fared here. Any tips on how I can quickly assess the condition of the battery? Any tips on what to look for?

Should I just go the safe route and get a 1.6l civic or try out the hybrid? I've always wanted to try a hybrid since the Prius but I've been an expat for nearly 15 years now and never had a chance.

Looking over this forum sort of scares me away. But then I also know that forums are usually places where people come to solve their issues.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH in Singapore? Should I avoid it?

Get the standard civic.