HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Floor Mats

Hello. I bought a 2007 HCH about 2 months ago. After the 1st week or so, I began to notice wear in my floor mats. After a few weeks, i had worn all the way through the carpet to the black part of the mat. Now, after two months of wear, it's getting pretty bad. I noticed that when I drive I keep my heel in one position, about 1/2 way between the brake and accelerator and pivot my foot back and forth. I never experienced this kind of wear in my other cars' floor mats. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it uncommon to drive like this?
Thanks for your feedback

Old 07-31-2007, 06:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Floor Mats

Yes, the floor mats SUCK. Mine had a hole the size of a quarter worn in it within weeks of owning the car. I'm no longer worrying about it after 18 months of having the car however.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

I removed my driver's side floormat after one week because it was showing wear. I stuck it in the closet and I'll put it back in the car when I sell it or trade it in. New-looking floormats imply that a used car still has plenty of life left in it.

Meanwhile, I bought a piece of outdoor carpet from Home Depot to protect the footwell carpeting. I trimmed it to fit, and it works well. It cost $2, and it's much tougher than the factory floormat.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I took out the carpet mats and bit the bullet for the all-weather ones. They cost me 70 bucks-ish, but they've worn great in the 8 months I've had them and fit perfect.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Enthusiast

shouldn't the floor mats be covered under the base warranty?

Old 08-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by medicmike
I took out the carpet mats and bit the bullet for the all-weather ones. They cost me 70 bucks-ish, but they've worn great in the 8 months I've had them and fit perfect.
How are they?

Do they slide around?

Are they noticeable harder?

Thanks...

Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM

I bought the Honda All Season mats as well. The ones for my Civic are nowhere near as nice as the Honda All Season mats I bought for my Odyssey. They don't slide around, but they just don't look or feel as nice as the Odyssey mats.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Question Re: Floor Mats

Originally Posted by mechanicjesus
shouldn't the floor mats be covered under the base warranty?
I don't know. Does anyone know if they are?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
I don't know. Does anyone know if they are?
I doubt it. That's a wear-n-tear item, I'd bet. But, you might get a courtesy replacement as they wore out SO quickly. OTOH, if they LOOK like a high-heel puncture wound , then not likely.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Aspiring Hypermiler

I replaced the standard mats with the Honda All Weather Mats. The all weather mats are the best I have ever had. Perfectly cut to fit the car with maximum coverage. Durable and easy to keep clean. Expensive...yes, but you only buy them once! What price for peace of mind knowing your carpets are protected from moisture and debris.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands