HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2007 HCH Purchase price in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
Question 2007 HCH Purchase price in Canada

Hi,

I am considering a 2007 HCH purchase and I'm wondering if anyone here has recently purchased one in Canada (I am in the Ottawa area)? If so what price did you end up paying? Currently I'm seeing $25950/$26260 MSRP and I've heard that dealerships tend to get 1 a month so they're not really having trouble selling them. So I'm curious as to how much I can negotiate on the price.

Thanks.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 HCH Purchase price in Canada

Remember too that you can now get up to $4000 in gov't. rebates.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

Yes. I mean aside from the govt rebates. Like most people I'd like to keep as much of my hard earned money with myself.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by HybridProcrastinator
Hi,

I am considering a 2007 HCH purchase and I'm wondering if anyone here has recently purchased one in Canada (I am in the Ottawa area)? If so what price did you end up paying? Currently I'm seeing $25950/$26260 MSRP and I've heard that dealerships tend to get 1 a month so they're not really having trouble selling them. So I'm curious as to how much I can negotiate on the price.

Thanks.
A relative of mine purchased one several weeks ago for $31,200.00 (including taxes). This was actually a pretty good final price because some dealerships were asking much higher.
It also helped this was the dealership where I had bought mine and they did not want to say no to any future business I may bring.

In your case - and depending on how the Ottawa hybrid market is doing at the moment - you may not be able to get it for much less than MSRP. In some canadian cities the demand is higher and the prices follow.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

I seem to be off to a decent start (I think). I sent emails requesting quotes and first responses indicated a $1000 reduction (more than one dealership). So it doesnt sound all that bad.

I've never done this before so not sure how much lower can I get them to go. fingers crossed.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

I seem to be off to a decent start (I think). I sent emails requesting quotes and first responses indicated a $1000 reduction (more than one dealership). So it doesnt sound all that bad.

I've never done this before so not sure how much lower can I get them to go. fingers crossed.

I don't know if this helps but... the dealer invoice price on my 2006 HCH was approximately $1200 lower than the MSRP. I would bet that this figure would remain relatively identical for the 2007 HCH's.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Enthusiast

hi,

i m also looking for a 2007 civic hybrid...would you be knowing that the 2 rebates of 2000$ are dollar for dollar?

also once you buy your hybrid, if possible, could you put up the price you bought it for?

i m buying my first car, and need all the help i can get.

thanks.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast

forgot to add..i m also from ontario..

Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks MSantos. How does one find out the invoice price anyways? Just curious.

maverick7, The Ontario rebate is a refund of the PST paid for hybrid vehicles upto $2000. So unless you're trading in some other vehicle (which reduces the price itself and hence the taxes paid) you should get your full $2000. The federal rebate is a flat $2000 for the Honda Civic Hybrid even though the GST would be much lower than that. However both these rebates will only come through at a later date i.e. when you pay for the vehicle you will have to pay everything. And then wait for the two $2000 cheques to come in.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks MSantos. How does one find out the invoice price anyways? Just curious.

maverick7, The Ontario rebate is a refund of the PST paid for hybrid vehicles upto $2000. So unless you're trading in some other vehicle (which reduces the price itself and hence the taxes paid) you should get your full $2000. The federal rebate is a flat $2000 for the Honda Civic Hybrid even though the GST would be much lower than that. However both these rebates will only come through at a later date i.e. when you pay for the vehicle you will have to pay everything. And then wait for the two $2000 cheques to come in.
Thanks for ur help..really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: 2007 HCH Purchase price in Canada

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands