New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Owner

Hello all!

Im just excited that I found a forum for Tahoe Hybrid owners! I just bought mine a week ago and couldn't be happier!

Old 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner

Congrats!

I am close to getting one. Mind if I ask what you paid for yours?

G

Old 12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Chevy Man

Congrats on your new Hybrid Shawn. I picked mine up a week ago yesterday and am thrilled.

Gary, I bought mine used with 17,000 miles on it. It was a GM executive car and my dealer bought it on the GM Smartauction (Dealer based online auction). Mine has the Sunroof and rear seat entertainment and I paid $32,500. There are a lot of 4x4's out there (GM company cars being sold at dealers) with low miles in the mid $30's. 4x2 models are a little less. Don't be afraid to go used and save about $20,000+. If you buy from a dealer it will probably be GM Certified used which adds an extra 12 months and 12,000 miles to the original 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. Good luck, you will love it.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

I have been pricing watching for a few weeks now. I have only seen new ones for sale. The lowest price so far is $35,999 for a new 2008 2wd no SR/DVD. Most dealers are offering around $40k. Rebates end on the 5th, and I wonder what will happen to pricing afterward.
I havent had a chance to drive one, but I did own an 04 Tahoe and love it.

BTW,I am in SOCAL.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usafpara
Hello all!

Im just excited that I found a forum for Tahoe Hybrid owners! I just bought mine a week ago and couldn't be happier!
Congrats! I just wish it was a bit busier.

Originally Posted by Big-G
Congrats!

I am close to getting one. Mind if I ask what you paid for yours?

G
I paid $44k fully loaded. At the time it was a good deal.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Gary!

I bought mine in a similar fashion as Nick. My Tahoe was also a demo of sorts...it was a media vehicle. I paid $35K for mine (4x4, DVD system, and about 3200 miles). Apparently there are a number of GM executive vehicles that are available through the Smartauction system and also through dealer trades. If you have the opportunity to take advantage of either, I would suggest that route and getting close to $20K off the MSRP. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Gary!

I bought mine in a similar fashion as Nick. My Tahoe was also a demo of sorts...it was a media vehicle. I paid $35K for mine (4x4, DVD system, and about 3200 miles). Apparently there are a number of GM executive vehicles that are available through the Smartauction system and also through dealer trades. If you have the opportunity to take advantage of either, I would suggest that route and getting close to $20K off the MSRP. Good luck!

****, and I thought I got a good price. You got a smoking deal!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Chevy Man

I found mine through AutoTrader.com and Ebay. I saw the one I wanted and then contacted the dealer directly and negotiated the deal. I did the entire thing over the phone. The dealer was 7 hours away and they met me half way and I did the paperwork right there at the meeting place after I looked over the truck and drove it. They also got me a better financing rate than I could get locally, even from a credit union. All in all it was a great transaction. I recommend checking Ebay, even if you are in CA, at least you will see the "Buy it now" prices to get an idea of what is out there.

I used to be a service manager for a Chevrolet and Hummer dealer in CT. I am going to see if I can get the word out to as many Hybrid owners as possible about this forum. It is great and it would be nice to get more and more people on here sharing

Old 12-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

End of the year rebates baby! I'm serious, buying an 08 was the best decision I could have made

Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

End of the year rebates baby! I'm serious, buying an 08 was the best decision I could have made
Where are you located? I am guessing since I live in Cali, I also got charged the Sunshine tax.

Oh ya, where are the pics?

Quick Reply: New Owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands