Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   installing a power Inverter ? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/installing-power-inverter-29594/)

jimr5454 04-14-2014 05:07 AM

installing a power Inverter ?

I am going to need to install a larger power Inverter in a 08 yukon hybrid I know it has a small one factory installed but that will not be big enough I need a 1200 watt inverter to run a occasional too .not everyday all day but I need the power when it is needed.any suggestions?And I'm not a teenager but I will want to install a small amp to power a 8 Inch Sub Somewhere In The Truck .My Lights Would Dim Just A Hair In My Jeep When I Was Jamming To The Beatles Or The Dave Matthews Band Any Words Of Advice On The Instalation ? I know the truck might be sensitive to anything electrical so where might I get the power to run the above so it won't interfere with anything ????

Thank you in advance...
Jim

evois 04-14-2014 05:45 AM

Did you get it? Post pics?

jimr5454 04-14-2014 06:50 AM

Re: installing a power Inverter ?

Going in today at 4pm... nervous put allot of thought into it .not liking all the miles on it and mostly resale value but I can't find many to compare actual sold for so I'm hoping $18,750 is a good deal at 112000 miles .I thought I would ask those lay questions before I go get it. Anybody have any ideas on installing the inverter and sub amp? Ty ..

jimr5454 04-14-2014 06:52 AM

This is a GREAT forum...

evois 04-14-2014 07:52 AM

As I recall adding extra power drain is not advisable on the hybrid. If a source is need for extra accessories, I think there is a specific 12V source in the driver side fuse block. That is where I sourced my radar detector. But adding subs and diodes will put a lot of drain on the battery. The 300V hybrid battery is not something you want to replace regularly like 12 V one.

jimr5454 04-17-2014 04:03 AM

How would I find the right right way to install a more powerful inverter? Where is the factory power Inverter that's in the back?

evois 04-17-2014 05:12 AM

In my escalade, it is at the driver side rear.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 04-17-2014 11:26 AM

yes driver's side rear on SUV. 150 Watts.