Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Go Redskins/Go Yankees
Default Aftermarket lights

I found on Ebay this Yukon Hybrid pic ture of aftermarket headlights

Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: Aftermarket lights

All 07+ Yukon aftermarket headlights will fit Hybrids.

And almost all of them will give you the following output:

This is because the things they call 'projectors' are actually molded plastic in the shape of a projector and not an actual projector with corresponding optics. And ALL of these aftermarket lights' 'projectors' are for halogen bulbs.

With said halogen bulbs the output is very poor since you are robbing them of their reflector housings ... if one sticks HID bulbs in there, the output becomes catastrophic as pictured above.

Save yourself some money, and take it from someone who has gone down this road before ... these things are junk.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
FLY NAVY!

YEP...what he said! IOW you get exactly what you pay for! there are some REAL ones out there but they cost a grand or so.

Originally Posted by HyHoe
All 07+ Yukon aftermarket headlights will fit Hybrids.

And almost all of them will give you the following output:

This is because the things they call 'projectors' are actually molded plastic in the shape of a projector and not an actual projector with corresponding optics. And ALL of these aftermarket lights' 'projectors' are for halogen bulbs.

With said halogen bulbs the output is very poor since you are robbing them of their reflector housings ... if one sticks HID bulbs in there, the output becomes catastrophic as pictured above.

Save yourself some money, and take it from someone who has gone down this road before ... these things are junk.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If HyHoe says "junk". I don't need any more information. He gets my vote for the truck dress up king.

Now for mods that make me wiggle in my seat, I'm going with Jet1. Some day we will figure out the rev limiter and let him have the after burner!

I call shotgun for that ride!