new FEH 08 2WD 110V power outlet

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation new FEH 08 2WD 110V power outlet

Hello,

first of all, I am a proud owner of a new FEH 08 2WD. I had it for a 1 week. I am already happy with my MPG that is 29. I just made about 300 miles with that SUV. However, I have a problem my 110V outlet fleshes green, I tried to connect my loptop with it few times for the past week by the outlet still falshes green. Before I will contact the service I would like to ask you guys what do you think ? I didn't find anything in the manual.

please help

thank you

Old 10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: new FEH 08 2WD 110V power outlet

Does it flash when you plug your laptop into the outlet or before. I have one on mine but have never used it. BTW the 110v power outlet is an option on the 07 and back.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
Does it flash when you plug your laptop into the outlet or before. I have one on mine but have never used it. BTW the 110v power outlet is an option on the 07 and back.
it flashes all the time when the car is ON.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: new FEH 08 2WD 110V power outlet

Originally Posted by paweldryba

Also, if somebody can check if 110v plugs "blinks green" or is a steady green light.

thank you for any hint and help

thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

No,.... It is steady green whenever the key is in "run" position.
( In 2005 to 2007 that I know of )
Flashing means there is a grounding error or overload error.
I don't have my manual with me now, but flashing means there is an error.

It is easy to over-load one of those, ( only 150 watts ) but a laptop should not do it under normal conditions. My laptop takes 60 watts.

-John

Last edited by gpsman1; 10-10-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Also, if somebody can check if 110v plugs "blinks green" or is a steady green light.

thank you for any hint and help

thanks
On the '06 its a steady green. I thought flashing green meant an overload condition. MOST laptops shouldn't overload it but a few I've seen (desktop replacement types) would. Also... devices with switching power supplies in them (laptops, battery chargers, etc) tend to be a bit harder on DC/AC converters. The 110V plug likely doesn't actually put out a sine wave like normal AC. It probably puts out a square wave step function equivalent of one... some electronics don't get along well with that, switching power supplies among them.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

thank you all, it seems I will have to service it - and it sucks I just bought it. Well, I still love the car but I wish I wouldn't have a problems like that. Meanwhile if anybody would have any idea - please help.

thank you all

Old 10-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

One symptom of overload is it gets too hot.
This would make the light flash, and turn the power off to protect itself.
When it cools down, it is supposed to reset, and not flash.
I assume you have tried it when it, and the car are at room temperature?

If it still flashes, and you are sure it is not to hot ( and parking in the hot sun could make it too hot without anything pluged in ) then something is wrong.

It should not cost you anything, and it should not take much time to swap it out if that is what they need to do. Just call ahead and make sure they have a replacement on hand, and you should be in and out in 1 hour or less. Also check the fuse box. I think there is a separate fuse for the power outlet and the little green light, so the main fuse could be blown without it affecting the little green light. Good luck!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
One symptom of overload is it gets too hot.
This would make the light flash, and turn the power off to protect itself.
When it cools down, it is supposed to reset, and not flash.
I assume you have tried it when it, and the car are at room temperature?

If it still flashes, and you are sure it is not to hot ( and parking in the hot sun could make it too hot without anything pluged in ) then something is wrong.

It should not cost you anything, and it should not take much time to swap it out if that is what they need to do. Just call ahead and make sure they have a replacement on hand, and you should be in and out in 1 hour or less. Also check the fuse box. I think there is a separate fuse for the power outlet and the little green light, so the main fuse could be blown without it affecting the little green light. Good luck!
thanks alot - I'll check the fuse, if that won't help I'll service it.

thank you all

Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My 06 flashes at times, but I have noticed that if I plug something into the 110v outlet BEFORE I start the truck it always works fine. If I start the truck & then plug something into the outlet, half the time it doesn't work.

~John

Quick Reply: new FEH 08 2WD 110V power outlet

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands