Leaking Sunroof - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Leaking Sunroof - Help Needed

I have an'07 FEH with the sunroof. After a heavy rain I will occasionally hear a sloshing water sound coming from the sunroof area. Now after a heavy rain I will sometimes end up with a very wet passenger side floor. I'm guessing I have a clogged drain somewhere around the sunroof. I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to locate the drains and the procedure for cleaning them out. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Leaking Sunroof - Help Needed

Just open the sunroof, sponge out the water in the trough around the inner opening, and take a look in the front corners of that trough. There are drains at all 4 corners, and the front two will carry the most water and are easiest to see. If you find pooled water, one or more of them are plugged. I'm not sure how they can be cleaned out, but probably blowing compressed air into them.

If you pour water into the trough near a drain, and it runs out under the vehicle, then that drain is fine.

Incidentally, unless the drains are plugged, there appears to me to be no way the sunroof can leak into the interior. I thought mine was leaking, but the drains were fine and the water soaking the sun roof cover actually was condensed water from leaks in the rear hatch.

Hopefully others who have dealt with plugged drains will contribute.