Engine Oil Change Now msg

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Engine Oil Change Now msg

Took my FEH to a local garage for the first oil change and shortly thereafter I got the "Engine Oil Change Now" message in the Message Center on the dash. Did they not reset something? I don't go to the dealer for this as it's too far away from where I live. I'm getting tired of having to clear that message every time I start the car. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Oil Change Now msg

Originally Posted by EcoGal
Took my FEH to a local garage for the first oil change and shortly thereafter I got the "Engine Oil Change Now" message in the Message Center on the dash. Did they not reset something? I don't go to the dealer for this as it's too far away from where I live. I'm getting tired of having to clear that message every time I start the car. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Check your manual.... its in there. pg 106 for the '06.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

If it's because the change oil level is at zero, just follow the instructions in the message center and press set to reset it during the diagnostic, when it says "Press set to reset" or something like that.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Enthusiast

I had the same experience with that message about a month ago after my first oil change. I took it back to the dealer; the mechanic sat in the driver's seat for about 30 seconds scrolling through the menu of the message center and cleared it out for me. I'm sure the manual does explain it - I just didn't think to look there!

Last edited by Greengop; 04-16-2007 at 03:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, I looked in the manual but missed that section. Actually for the '06 model the remedy is on p. 104 but your advice got me close to the right page. At last -- no more warning msg!!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for your response -- there was nothing in the FEH FAQ but TeeSter led me to the correct spot in the FEH manual. I thought I might have to take the vehicle back to the dealer to get this corrected.