Dwrs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Default Dwrs

Hi All

Thought I'd pass on a tip that some of you might want to try and some of you already know about. I wear sandals when I don't have to do a lot of walking and when we go to the beach or out in the boat. It's a pain to drive with sandals on for me, so I'd always take my right sandal off till I get to my location. This has all lead me to a habit while driving.

Everyone here knows how sensitive the accelerator is trying to hold EV. Also, tapping the brake for EV without slowing down is a task. For a while now, I've been removing my right shoe and my mileage has increased. My mileage decreases when I don't take my shoe off now. This all seems to simple to save gas, help the environment and save money, but it works very well for me. I tie my shoes so I can slip them off and on real easy just leaving my sock on. It's a good idea to remove the shoe from the driver area so it doesn't get in the way of the brake or accelerator pedals.

Of course you must now know what DWRS (Driving Without Right Shoe) is and you will also find how well it works at steady state speeds if you try it. Recently I read an article about a hypermiler in Japan who drives with only his big toe, but I haven't tried that yet.

GaryG

Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dwrs

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi All

Thought I'd pass on a tip that some of you might want to try and some of you already know about. I wear sandals when I don't have to do a lot of walking and when we go to the beach or out in the boat. It's a pain to drive with sandals on for me, so I'd always take my right sandal off till I get to my location. This has all lead me to a habit while driving.

Everyone here knows how sensitive the accelerator is trying to hold EV. Also, tapping the brake for EV without slowing down is a task. For a while now, I've been removing my right shoe and my mileage has increased. My mileage decreases when I don't take my shoe off now. This all seems to simple to save gas, help the environment and save money, but it works very well for me. I tie my shoes so I can slip them off and on real easy just leaving my sock on. It's a good idea to remove the shoe from the driver area so it doesn't get in the way of the brake or accelerator pedals.

Of course you must now know what DWRS (Driving Without Right Shoe) is and you will also find how well it works at steady state speeds if you try it. Recently I read an article about a hypermiler in Japan who drives with only his big toe, but I haven't tried that yet.

GaryG
Its probably safer that DWHUA that I often encounter on the roads around here. Not sure how that particular techinque helps gas mileage, perhaps its an aerodynamic thing. They certainly swear by it though.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Dwrs

This ( what the original posted wrote ) was actually posted as an April Fool's joke earlier this month. This thread is a waste of electricity. Someone with the power should close/delete it as it is a duplicate from April 1.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands