2007 MMH nothing but problems for me so far!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 MMH nothing but problems for me so far!!!

I absolutely love my 2007 MMH, but I am having nothing but problems with it.

First off are the passenger side windows, front and back, that "roll" down half speed and "roll" up half speed. Real annoying.

Secondly, for some reason my parking lamps do not come on for some reason. I've even replaced both rear lamps and NADA.

Thirdly, I put the A/C on for the first and after a few minutes I hear a "dripping" type noise coming from behind the center console area in the front of the vehicle.

Other minor annoyances include various trim pieces that keep popping off, and the 6 disc changer recognizes CD one day and then the next it no longer recognize it.

All this stuff is beginning to make me feel as though I bought a lemon... It is driving my crazy!!! Anyone else have any issues with their MMH or FEH???

Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 MMH nothing but problems for me so far!!!

Originally Posted by jdp72
<snip>All this stuff is beginning to make me feel as though I bought a lemon... It is driving my crazy!!! Anyone else have any issues with their MMH or FEH???
I sure do have issues!

It fits the entire family and camping gear or duffle bags and stuff for long trips and still averages 31.5mpg! I can't believe that after 20k miles I haven't had one thing fall off, self destruct, break, leak, squeak, freak, tweek, reek or peek!! Furthermore it's a 4WD that handles like a cat on ice and snow! I mean after all it is a Fix Or Repair Daily! What gives anyway!

Serioulsy I am bummed about your cumulative gremlins. They do tend to make one wonder, eh? I hope the FEH has you interested enough to keep after them. Despite disgruntled ramblings from (in awe) Toy followers the miles roll on the and FEH/MMH is shaping up to be really a well made, and thought out little rig. Keep that dealer on it!

Last edited by spud; 04-30-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thirdly, I put the A/C on for the first and after a few minutes I hear a "dripping" type noise coming from behind the center console area in the front of the vehicle.
Do you mean the normal condensation drip that all cars with A/C have?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Enthusiast

I absolutely love my 2007 MMH, but I am having nothing but problems with it.

First off are the passenger side windows, front and back, that "roll" down half speed and "roll" up half speed. Real annoying.

Secondly, for some reason my parking lamps do not come on for some reason. I've even replaced both rear lamps and NADA.

Other minor annoyances include various trim pieces that keep popping off, and the 6 disc changer recognizes CD one day and then the next it no longer recognize it.

All this stuff is beginning to make me feel as though I bought a lemon... It is driving my crazy!!! Anyone else have any issues with their MMH or FEH???

WaltPA:

Nope not the normal condensation dripping that all cars with A/C have. It is like a rattling and then is sounds like dripping. The sound is much louder than conversation level.

Obviously I'll be taking it to the dealer to have everything looked at...

I really like my MMH, and have only owned Ford family products (my dad is a long time Ford retiree).

I was just curious if others had any problems with their MMH. We have 3 cars and 2 motorcycles (there are only 2 drivers in our household) so I can do without the MMH for a while, I just want it fixed and be trouble free like the rest of you guys!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was just curious if others had any problems with their MMH.
Not a single problem, so far. I've had my since last October.

I was more upset with things like the MMH website showed it came with the two-compartment overhead console, when it really didn't.

And that my 2007 came with 2005 map discs. Map discs, like milk, go stale fast.

Last edited by WaltPA; 05-01-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast

Well I have an appointment with the Mercury dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can get everything in order. Actually I'll miss her when she's in the shop...

I was super disappointed with my Navigation system... My wife has a cheapo Tom-Tom for like $300 and it just blows away the navigation system in my MMH. The things I like the most about the Tom-Tom, other than the maps being more up to date and the processor seems to be a lot quicker... I like the fact it is a touch screen Vs. manually using this stubby joystick to spell everything out.

Our neighbors who have Toyota's and Lexus' have a much better built in navigation system. Other than that I am satisfied with my MMH Vs. the Accord Hybrid or Highlander Hybrid I was first considering.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

well i can tell you the 08 nav system is pretty darn good. I have a garmin street pilot and i like it better but the new nav system is pretty snappy! I got a chance the other day to see the old nav system you guys are talking about and I see what you mean. its sucks compared to the new ones. No offense!! to you guys with it. Ford really could have done better long ago.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Do you mean the normal condensation drip that all cars with A/C have?
Wow! Kermie(Natalie's nickname) has the same issue and is in the shop as we speak. The service dude said the factory left off the condensor cover and we should have it back tonight. I called them later and asked them to check Kerm over to see if the factory left anything else off. He chuckled but I could tell he was not amused. some people LOL

Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: 2007 MMH nothing but problems for me so far!!!

I now have 1800 miles on my 2008 FEH. I have driven from the Carolina coast to the Great Smokey Mountains and many areas between. The MPG is 33.4 on the computer and 33.3 by hand calculation, so I am feeling pretty good. I even managed to spin a tire on launch, so I am feeling good about performance also. No squeaks, no rattles and everything works.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
Wow! Kermie(Natalie's nickname) has the same issue and is in the shop as we speak. The service dude said the factory left off the condensor cover and we should have it back tonight. I called them later and asked them to check Kerm over to see if the factory left anything else off. He chuckled but I could tell he was not amused. some people LOL

Hmmmm...so someone else experienced the loud drip-like noise and found out there was a missing condensor cover???

I left the MMH at the dealer this morning and they gave me a courtesy car. Later in the day they called and left a message that basically stated that there were too many issues to fix in an 8 hour day. They went further on to explain that it probably wouldn't be done tomorrow either, and it is probably looking more like Monday... They need to replace the whole console or something, and that is on order. Basically stated to keep using the V8 Mercury Marquee until it's ready.

Compared to the MMH the V8 engine just eats through gas, and makes me appreciate my MMH that much more. I am honestly looking forward to having her back.

Quick Reply: 2007 MMH nothing but problems for me so far!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands