Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Can we delete our thread post? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/can-we-delete-our-thread-post-9012/)

bwilson4web 08-03-2006 12:47 PM

Can we delete our thread post?

Hi,

I thought we had the ability to delete our own thread postings under the edit screen. Did I mis-remember it?

How do we handle a "opps, never meant to post that" other than editing to clean out all of the text?

I put a practice thread posting in "Anything goes"

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

tbaleno 08-03-2006 01:31 PM

Re: Can we delete our thread post?

I saw the thread and deleted it. I'm not sure, but I think you can delete your own threads provided no one has posted in the thread.

Jason 08-03-2006 03:21 PM

I don't *think* you can delete threads, but I'm not positive. Just go ahead and report your post if you need something—all staff (over 10 now) are notified immediately.

bwilson4web 08-04-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jason
I don't *think* you can delete threads, but I'm not positive. Just go ahead and report your post if you need something—all staff (over 10 now) are notified immediately.

Ok, I think I figured it out.

My first posting starting a thread does not bring up the "Delete this Message" when I edit it. But my second posting to that thread does have the "Delete this Message" control. . . . Wierd!

I've got screen snapshots, JPGs that show what happened.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature. Regardless, can someone get around to deleting the thread "Thread delete practice" in 'Anything goes'?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

bwilson4web 10-18-2006 11:57 AM

If you' all have a 'to do list', I noticed leahbeatle ran into the same problem in the Journalism forum . . . at least I'm not the only one. <grins>

Bob Wilson

tbaleno 10-18-2006 01:13 PM

I deleted the post in question.