Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Upgrade Stereo? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/upgrade-stereo-25118/)

Phil Kulak 09-28-2010 11:29 AM

Upgrade Stereo?

I recently got rid of my Camry Hybrid in favor of a base model 2009 Prius. I love everything about the switch, except for the stereo. I really miss the audio in that my Camry had that I used to hook up my iPhone. Do I have any options other than buying a whole new car? Getting an audio in would be great, but if I could get stereo bluetooth support, that would be even cooler. Thanks for any help!

magic-man 10-04-2010 12:28 AM

Re: Upgrade Stereo?

Originally Posted by Phil Kulak (Post 227978)
I recently got rid of my Camry Hybrid in favor of a base model 2009 Prius. I love everything about the switch, except for the stereo. I really miss the audio in that my Camry had that I used to hook up my iPhone. Do I have any options other than buying a whole new car? Getting an audio in would be great, but if I could get stereo bluetooth support, that would be even cooler. Thanks for any help!

You may have an aux input, depending on your package...
In my 2009, I have one. To find out, open the center console and look inside toward the front. If you see a cigarette socket at the bottom left, then look to the right of it. There should be an AUX plug that looks like an earphone jack.
I used that input for my XM radio until I installed a chinese double-din radio with navigation, MP3/4, DVD, Bluetooth, etc. Now everyone in our area (population: 300, Prius population: 75) envies mine. 3D nav beats factory!
Will post pics, how to and what is needed if requested.

Phil Kulak 10-04-2010 07:27 AM

Re: Upgrade Stereo?

Originally Posted by magic-man (Post 228154)
You may have an aux input, depending on your package...
In my 2009, I have one. To find out, open the center console and look inside toward the front. If you see a cigarette socket at the bottom left, then look to the right of it. There should be an AUX plug that looks like an earphone jack.
I used that input for my XM radio until I installed a chinese double-din radio with navigation, MP3/4, DVD, Bluetooth, etc. Now everyone in our area (population: 300, Prius population: 75) envies mine. 3D nav beats factory!
Will post pics, how to and what is needed if requested.

Yeah, I wish. I've got nothin' in there.