Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Nav system -> update maps? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/nav-system-update-maps-2246/)

larrydoliver 05-16-2005 04:14 PM

Nav system -> update maps?

Howdy,

Is there any way to update the maps in the on board navigation system as new roads get built, etc?

Thanks...

Jason 05-16-2005 04:31 PM

Re: Nav system -> update maps?

There's a new GPS DVD that comes out each year. I'm not sure when this years' comes out, or if it has already, but I have a voucher for a free one so I'll be getting it. I think they run around $250?

PrimeRisk 07-25-2005 02:28 PM

This thread has been quiet for awhile, but I wanted to kick it back up and see if anyone had done their TSB for the updated nav disc yet. I've held on to mine and plan on getting the update in November or December, but I wonder if that will fetch the newest nav disc or the part number listed on the TSB. Anyone know?

Jason 07-25-2005 02:33 PM

Good question. I have to set up a checkup appointment within the next couple weeks before I make the long drive to Houston for college. I'll be seeing if they have the newest DVD disk, as I too am owed that update.

heavenleigh 08-08-2005 04:04 PM

I just bought a used 2004 Prius and didn't see a separate piece of paper promising a free navigation update...is this just included in the 3-yr warranty, or is it separate, and I probably just didn't get it, or is it included in one of the many booklets I haven't had time to search though? What is a TSB? Thanks...

Jason 08-08-2005 04:09 PM

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. It's the official Toyota service papers sent to the service departments of dealers.

I got my upgrade to 4.2 the other day. Don't remember how I first heard about it, but there was no "piece of paper." I told them that I knew about it and they looked it up.

cantonGaPrius 08-08-2005 07:45 PM

How do you find out what version you have installed?

Jason 08-08-2005 08:16 PM

Hit the "Menu" button around your multi-function display and then Map DVD on the top right.