Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Anyone driven 07 Touring? Impressions? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/anyone-driven-07-touring-impressions-10179/)

gev 11-07-2006 04:31 AM

Re: Anyone driven 07 Touring? Impressions?

I've only got 170 miles on my Touring model, so I haven't pushed
it much, but it feels very solid. Aside from my wife's RX-400h,
(with a whole 1200 miles on it) this is my first hybrid driving
experience. I'm already at 44.5 MPG. As a certain fast food joint
likes to say: "I'm lovin' it."

Prius2Camry 12-30-2006 07:40 PM

I have the '07 Prius Touring Edition. I am quite pleased with it but I have only one month's experience on which to draw. I think your salesperson overstated the stiffer suspension. I find it comfortably responsive. Longest drive was 250 miles over a mix of two lane rural roads and interstate highway. No problems, no complaints, no observed sensitivity to highway expansion joints, minor bumps and roadway irregularities.

Is there value in the added cost? I thought so (obviously). I like the High Intensity Discharge headlights, fog lights, and larger tires. The larger spoiler is a non issue with me. I wanted the vehicle stability control, so I took the option 2 package. The reports on the vehicle stability Control making cars a whole lot safer sold me on getting this. (While I do not expect to dash/tear around corners, I am prepared for this as an emergency contingency.) I find leather too hot to sit on during summer, so it was definitely not of interest.

The Prius has less than 1,000 miles, I have to use winter blend gasahol and it is cold now, so I am reserving comment on gas mileage for now.

You have to work out what options are important enough to you to buy. I am quite pleased with my purchase and hope your purchase works as well for you.

malibucarl 03-07-2007 07:38 PM

Hi,
One simple thing that helps directional stability on the standard model is the BT Stiffening Plate. Had it on my 05 for almost 2 years, and now have it on both 2007 cars. Very easy to install. Very noticeable improvement in cornering feel.
Have never been in a Touring so have no way to compare.
Carl

MisterT 03-09-2007 10:59 AM

I've had my 07 Touring Pkg# 6 for six days now, and haven't had as much fun driving since I turned in my VW Rabbit in '85. I had upgraded the bunny to GTi tuning with sway bars, new springs, etc. I am now considering the BT plate to eliminate the flex while cornering. 586 miles averaging 45 mpg while whipping thru the Napa Sonoma valleys and mountains...just wish the leather seat was of higher quality...