Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Any Changes with 2005 vs 2004? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/any-changes-2005-vs-2004-a-1202/)

Patzee 12-17-2004 05:44 PM

I haven't seen the 2005 Prius and I'm interested in knowing if there were many changes from the 2004. I see the options have changed.

Thanks, Pat :rolleyes:

Totalshock 12-17-2004 09:07 PM

Other than the options available (we here in Canada finally get nav and bluetooth as an option, if we want to lay out an additional $3k Cdn. for it....) I'm not aware of too many changes between the years. Granted, I haven't seen the 2005s in person, and all I really have to gon is just a salesperson's assertion that there are no differences.

Other than, I'd assume, the since-release fixes such as the "guess gauge" fix are in place out of the factory.

flare 12-17-2004 09:45 PM

Gas guage has been fixed, the Rear wiper is now standard and also two canopy pins have been added

Patzee 12-27-2004 11:13 AM

Thanks for the info! :D

JeromeP 01-12-2005 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by flare
Gas guage has been fixed, the Rear wiper is now standard and also two canopy pins have been added

Canopy pins? Can you explain?

EdW 02-24-2005 10:44 AM

This may or may not be the same thing, but the GM definition of a canopy pin are the little plastic retainers they install in the headliner to prevent it from sagging.

Jason 02-24-2005 11:50 AM

Hmm. Perhsp these were added towards the back to increase the headroom for the rear passengers.

JeromeP 02-24-2005 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by EdW
This may or may not be the same thing, but the GM definition of a canopy pin are the little plastic retainers they install in the headliner to prevent it from sagging.

Ok, I know what you are talking about now. I have noticed them. Smart idea. Although I have seen few cars out there without some kind of support or attachment in the center line of the headliner.

I suppose I would have understood what a canopy pin was if it was termed a headliner retainer.

EdW 02-26-2005 03:35 PM

Several GM, Ford, and Honda products have them, along with a few other Toyota products. These makes have all had problems with sagging headliners at one point or another. The push pins are probably a better (and cheaper) fix than using a stronger adhesive.

Agreed on the name, though, it's a bit confusing.