Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   37 mpg and not happy, but I DO have a question (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/37-mpg-not-happy-but-i-do-have-question-14579/)

Alansanmateo 08-01-2007 03:17 PM

Re: 37 mpg and not happy, but I DO have a question

Originally Posted by jonjonbear (Post 136778)
You know, this never occurred to me before. I have seen folks saying not to put your addy in your GPS as they can just route to your house but if your registration and insurance card is in the glove box, all they have to do is punch your addy into the GPS..And of course the garage door opener is right there..That threat had never crossed my mind..Yikes....

John

D'oh!!

Surprising AAA (or CSAA, etc.) hasn't warned us all about that.

tekn0wledg 08-02-2007 05:10 AM

Well, it's almost the same as having your purse stolen if you are a woman. Your keys are in there, your ID, including your address etc. They have your car keys, your house keys etc.

jonjonbear 08-02-2007 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by tekn0wledg (Post 136900)
Well, it's almost the same as having your purse stolen if you are a woman. Your keys are in there, your ID, including your address etc. They have your car keys, your house keys etc.

Oh yes, I can imagine that would be terrible, also to think some thug is going though your personal effects..Yuk..:angry:
What a horrible feeling..I hate crooks!
John

tekn0wledg 08-02-2007 07:38 AM

Yeah.... ugh.

Stinks that we live in a world where we have to think about that.

Speaking of which, how did we get on that topic? Lol....

bwilson4web 08-02-2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Alansanmateo (Post 136817)
yikes, I was hoping you were getting 37....[yes, misery loves company][actually, was just hoping to get more confirmation that my car doesn't suck] . . .

Anymore test results on the route planning exercise?

Bob Wilson

Alansanmateo 08-03-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web (Post 136931)
Anymore test results on the route planning exercise?

Bob Wilson

This has actually been a very unusual week, so we don't have a lot to report from my wife's "typical" route.

My wife did get to do some "flat-land" testing, but she didn't "zero" the system, so the data is only anecdotal, but she had 5-minute segments that were WELL above 50 mpg (with one segment being at 99).

This "test" was from train station to Stanford University, along El Camino, and back. (the same route as the train, so very flat) Top speed is likely 45 mpg, with most of it at 35 or so, with the occassional stoplight stop (every three minutes or so).

OlympicDreams 08-04-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by jonjonbear (Post 136778)
You know, this never occurred to me before. I have seen folks saying not to put your addy in your GPS as they can just route to your house but if your registration and insurance card is in the glove box, all they have to do is punch your addy into the GPS..And of course the garage door opener is right there..That threat had never crossed my mind..Yikes....

John

Here in Texas most folks use an anti-criminal device similar to the one pictured below to keep people from taking their stuff. I have had multiple vehicles stolen and none of the criminals have been bold enough to come by the house and visit with me. Maybe the spare ammo clips they stole out of the glove box by my vehicle registration persuaded them that a visit may not be a wise idea. They usually wrecked it, stripped it to the bone and left my vehicle for dead.
http://www.luvtohunt.com/images/Glock%2029.jpg