Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   2004 vs. 2005 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/2004-vs-2005-a-7102/)

PackerlandPrius 04-30-2006 12:20 PM

2004 vs. 2005

Hello, I'll be a new Prius owner in the next couple of weeks (my first) and was wondering if there is any significant difference between the 2004 and 2005 model years? I've found a couple of 2004's in my area that have good mileage for a decent price. The 2004 I've looked at has the side impact airbags and nav system. Which are big selling points for me. I could save money going with the 2004 unless there is a real good reason to go with the 2005.

Also, what is Homelink? I can't find a description of it anywhere.

Thanks for any advice!

rihavo 05-01-2006 08:40 AM

Re: 2004 vs. 2005

The homelink allows you to program your garage door opener, remote controlled lights, or an alarm system from the car.

As for the difference, I'm not sure between the 2004 and 2005.

plusaf 05-01-2006 10:05 AM

Re: 2004 vs. 2005

Originally Posted by PackerlandPrius
Hello, I'll be a new Prius owner in the next couple of weeks (my first) and was wondering if there is any significant difference between the 2004 and 2005 model years? I've found a couple of 2004's in my area that have good mileage for a decent price. The 2004 I've looked at has the side impact airbags and nav system. Which are big selling points for me. I could save money going with the 2004 unless there is a real good reason to go with the 2005.

Also, what is Homelink? I can't find a description of it anywhere.

Thanks for any advice!

to the best of my unbearable knowledge, the only difference between the '04 Prius [which i own] and the '05 can be found in the serial number. i've sat in both and looked under both hoods and can't see any difference.

the homelink also allows you to program the "car" to trigger two or three garage doors or remote systems [like home alarms] by pushing one of several buttons on the bottom of the rearview. mine works fine, but the range seems to be shorter than the doors' original remotes... maybe 50' or less.

once that all is said, initial price versus resale value and new versus used, and other personal preferences will probably help you make your decision. even the differences in the '06 are minimal and mostly external/cosmetic, though i would like to swap for the new headlamps....

best of luck and happy motoring. i LOVE my prius! see my references, below, for all kinds of "interesting" facts and history... :)