Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Highlander Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/)
-   -   Camping Sleeping in the Highlander (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/camping-sleeping-highlander-21148/)

diver110 02-27-2009 09:28 AM

Camping Sleeping in the Highlander

Hi,

I am planning to do some car camping and am thinking about buying a Highlander as the prices are great. Has anyone tried sleeping in the Highlander? With the back seats down it is long enough, but since the first set of back seats don't fold fully flat, it might be uncomfortable. Perhaps someone has come up with a clever solution.

Thanks.

wwest 02-28-2009 09:25 AM

Re: Camping Sleeping in the Highlander

An air mattress....

Tana 03-29-2015 07:14 AM

Re: Camping Sleeping in the Highlander

Originally Posted by diver110 (Post 198355)
Hi,

I am planning to do some car camping and am thinking about buying a Highlander as the prices are great. Has anyone tried sleeping in the Highlander? With the back seats down it is long enough, but since the first set of back seats don't fold fully flat, it might be uncomfortable. Perhaps someone has come up with a clever solution.

Thanks.

Remove the front row and build a platform even with the back that has storage space under it where the first row was.

If it has a 3rd row the seat area is just wasted space. So models other than the LE that don't have a third row give you the extra built-in storage compartment. Otherwise the third row in the LE is ok if you have people who need to use it.

The slight incline from the first row isn't uncomfortable and good to keep acid indigestion down..

But since there's a big space between the first row and the back floor you will probably put a carpeted or foam padded plywood sheet there anyway, so why not just remove the first row completely to lay it flat and get the all that extra storage space under the platform..