Owners Manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Owners Manual

I searched the forums and the net and I can't find one anywhere. Is there an owners manual available in electronic for for the Camry Hybrid? If so could someone point me in the right direction?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Owners Manual

Try this iGuide.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Check out http://www.toyotaiguide.com
When you drill down into the Camry Hybrid guide you will find a somewhat cumbersome to access, but at least on-line, owners manual.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Thanks a lot. Looks like you both sent me to the same spot. That wasn't exactly what I was looking for but I am glad you gave me that link as it will help me learn a lot about the vehicle before I actually get it.

I was looking for something that would give me the basics on when what maintenance was needed. I have learned already from reading on here that the type of engine oil is different from an type of car I have owned. I wanted to see what other things were different and what the maintenance schedule was like.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Thanks a lot. Looks like you both sent me to the same spot. That wasn't exactly what I was looking for but I am glad you gave me that link as it will help me learn a lot about the vehicle before I actually get it.

I was looking for something that would give me the basics on when what maintenance was needed. I have learned already from reading on here that the type of engine oil is different from an type of car I have owned. I wanted to see what other things were different and what the maintenance schedule was like.
When I got my car, they gave me a Toyota maintainence booklet. It has the a list of things that needs to be done by mileage. Basically it's oil change and tire rotation every 5000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first. Then there are times when you need to change the cabin air filter, but I can't remember the mileage for that. I think you can get the maintainence booklet from a Toyota dealer at any time.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I could not find anything different maintenance wise from any other car and 0W20/5W20 low viscosity oil have been used since 2001 on some non hybrid Honda Accord and Ford cars, so it's hardly new. 2007 model year may be the first year Toyota started using it and therefore you may need to educate your dealer, but otherwise for the first 100k I do not recall anything hybrid specific. On the other hand, if you really like your car you could change transmission oil, engine coolant, inverter coolant (only hybrid specific maintenance I'm aware of) and break fluid at let say 60-80k, just to ensure those fluids give 100% protection and didn't deteriorate over time.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Thanks Pete. I have only had vehicles that used 10w30 or 5w30. My wife's minivan was the first vehicle that I have had to have serviced that used anything different and I think that is 5w20. I am just trying to do all the research I can and learn as much as I can before I actually buy the vehicle that way i know what I am getting into and what I will need to do. As I get older I am trying to do a better job of taking car of my vehicles especially as i am trying to keep them longer.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I was just going through the iguide site and it was pretty cool to see how you can still start the car even if the remote is dead. I figured there had to be a way but hadn't seen how. That site is pretty cool...to me at least. I would rather visually see how to do some of the things rather than read them. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy reading....just not a vehicle owners manual.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

Here is the entire TCH factory repair manual. It's a little more detailed than the owners manual. The download works.

Last edited by LOL TCH; 08-10-2007 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Here is the TCH Owners Manual. Thanks go to schmidtj