Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Owner Satisfaction (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/owner-satisfaction-15688/)

LEAKYTCH 10-17-2007 06:26 PM

Owner Satisfaction

According to Consumer Reports, the V6 Camry is no longer a recommended model. But the TCH and V4 is still a recommended model.

And in their owner satisfaction survey, the TCH scored only behind the Prius, the BMW 3 series, and the Lexus LS460 -- with 87% of TCH owners saying they would buy the same vehicle again.

WOW!!

TCH was even ahead of such cars as the Acura TL, Infiniti G35 and M35, and all the Audi and Mercedes models.

I suspect this will bode well for resale values, too.

I have to say, the longer I have my TCH the more I like it. I drove an Acura TL the other day, and found the ride a little punishing -- not as smooth and seamless as my TCH. Of course, my TCH won't hold the same g's on a test track curve, but who cares? I don't plan on trying to outrun the police any time soon.

srothfuss 10-18-2007 07:42 AM

Re: Owner Satisfaction

I think I read somewhere that CR "recommended" the Camry V6 before even testing it. I then read that CR will no longer recommend an "un-tested" vehicle in their reports.

Strange stuff happening over at CR latetly

mikieboyblue 10-18-2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by srothfuss (Post 147145)
I think I read somewhere that CR "recommended" the Camry V6 before even testing it. I then read that CR will no longer recommend an "un-tested" vehicle in their reports.

Strange stuff happening over at CR latetly

As mentioned in my post about the recent CR ratings and Toyota, they used to recommend all new model design Toyotas because of the great Toyota track record. However, since they have found a number of problems with the new Toyotas, they will no longer recommend a new model design without testing.

Rspaight 10-18-2007 10:15 AM

Specifically, certain Tundra models and the V6 Camry (tranny issues, I think) came in below average, which lost Toyota their "automatic" reliability recommendation. Honda still gets the assumption of good reliability. I don't know if anyone else does.

Toyota's cut too many corners in the last few years and it's showing in build quality. (My TCH rattles *way* too much for a Toyota.) Fortunately for them, they seem to recognize this and are shifting some power back to the engineers and away from the bean-counters.

Ryan

Freeze 11-08-2007 06:59 PM

My 07 TCH is the only new car I've owned that had no warranty issues, zero defects, no rattles, no problems (knock on wood.) If Toyota is cutting corners, I don't see it. Then again, the TCH replaced an 1995 Dodge Neon, so maybe anything would have been bliss.

Tideland Prius 11-08-2007 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 149071)
My 07 TCH is the only new car I've owned that had no warranty issues, zero defects, no rattles, no problems (knock on wood.) If Toyota is cutting corners, I don't see it. Then again, the TCH replaced an 1995 Dodge Neon, so maybe anything would have been bliss.

Check out a 2002-2006 Camry XLE and compare it to the TCH then you might see where the corners were cut =).

Not that I'm nitpicking your car cause we intend to get a TCH eventually and we had a 2002 XLE.

FastMover 11-09-2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 149071)

Likewise, no issues. However, Mine replaced an original Tundra, which in my opinion was a better truck than the present one (well, except for the front brakes).

Chris, did you get yours at T-of-T or Titus Will, and was it Japanese or Kentucky car? (Mine was T-of-T and Japan built.)

gmhdc 11-09-2007 12:42 PM

I picked up mine at the beginning of September and have been very happy with it. It doesn't handle the corners like my '99 Audi A4 did and the interior isn't as refined. However as a total package, I'm impressed with TCH quality.

CJO2007CamryHyb 11-12-2007 06:31 PM

I've owned my Camry for 3 months now and I am impressed with the quality. I had been looking at new cars for over a year and was going to try and test drive a Ford Escape Hybrid but could not find one available in my area to test for over 3 months. I'm glad i went with Toyota...!! Ford is still way behind in Hybrid experience and quality.:shade:

stevil 11-30-2007 08:09 PM

I purchased a '07 TCH in July '07, and had numerous issues -
  • Several long (18-24") scratches that couldn't be buffed out, and which weren't apparent at delivery, since that was at 10PM
  • Loud headliner rattles when the temperature is below 50 degrees F.
  • Spring noises in the steering wheel
  • Seat belt tensioner squeaks in cold (freezing) weather
  • Stereo (JBL, non-nav) that would display garbage on the screen or nothing, and eject a disc every time the unit was powered off until the changer was empty

I had the car in the shop for over two weeks in the first 4 months. Eventually, I spoke with the GM of the dealership, related my problems, and he offered to replace the '07 with a new '08, same equipment (different color - metallic silver instead of black).

Never asked for a new car, but was very frustrated by the time I talked with the dealership manager. I was feeling that, if this was happening at 3K miles, what would it be like at 30K? I took them up on their offer, and was impressed by the aggressive response.

Anyway, took delivery on the new '08 TCH this evening. All is well so far. Knock wood.

Satisfied before? Absolutely NOT. Satisfied now? You bet (providing the same crap doesn't happen to the replacement)!