Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   New Problem- Electric Refuel Button/Cannot Fill Gas Tank (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/new-problem-electric-refuel-button-cannot-fill-gas-tank-30888/)

bugs 08-07-2016 02:50 PM

New Problem- Electric Refuel Button/Cannot Fill Gas Tank

My 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid has developed its first problem. Inside the car when I push the electric refuel button...nothing happens. No noise at the gas tank door. Zero noise.

Second problem...started immediately with the refuel gas button...When I go into the truck to manually release the gas door lid...I can refuel but it clicks of every few seconds . Takes forever to fill the gas tank. I'm betting these two problems are related.

So...anybody have one or both of these problems? What did you do to fix it. I heard there was a solenoid that is reachable from the inside trunk right behind the gas door. I wonder if the solenoid is the cause?

Ned your help awesome Camry people! :omg:

haroldo 08-08-2016 05:09 AM

Re: New Problem- Electric Refuel Button/Cannot Fill Gas Tank

If you can open it manually, the spring is broken or missing. Go to Toyota and getting a new spring

I remember having a slow fueling issue with another car. Could be a blocked vent line on your tank. I don't recall what the 'fix' was but see if it's here https://www.bing.com/search?q=fuel+s...16&FORM=CHROMN

bugs 08-08-2016 09:11 PM

Cool video. Will check to see if my spring is broken. I checked for a blocked vent line...I did not see a rubber hose hanging down open to the air that was blocked. I followed the gas line....but did not see a air tube that stuck out like many videos I have seen. I also looked near the vent canister but it was hard to get to and I did not want to die because it appears to be behind the tank but way up under the toyota camry. I got two of those low profile tire pnuematic jacks and one jack stand....and still felt like the grim reaper was looking over my shoulder. Maybe need two more jack stands...then I'm good to go. :)

GeorgiaHybrid 08-09-2016 12:35 PM

bugs,

Never, ever get under a car without being protected by jack stands. I have lost 2 friends over the years that went under a car with just a jack holding it up.

KingofBandits 07-26-2017 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by bugs (Post 260318)
My 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid has developed its first problem. Inside the car when I push the electric refuel button...nothing happens. No noise at the gas tank door. Zero noise.

Second problem...started immediately with the refuel gas button...When I go into the truck to manually release the gas door lid...I can refuel but it clicks of every few seconds . Takes forever to fill the gas tank. I'm betting these two problems are related.

So...anybody have one or both of these problems? What did you do to fix it. I heard there was a solenoid that is reachable from the inside trunk right behind the gas door. I wonder if the solenoid is the cause?

Ned your help awesome Camry people! :omg:

Bugs,
I am having the EXACT same issues with my 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Did you ever resolve these issues? If so, what did you do and how much did It cost?

thank you,
KoB

haroldo 08-01-2017 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by KingofBandits (Post 263167)
Bugs,
I am having the EXACT same issues with my 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Did you ever resolve these issues? If so, what did you do and how much did It cost?

thank you,
KoB

It's (most likely) the spring, a $5 and 5 minute fix

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 260319)
If you can open it manually, the spring is broken or missing. Go to Toyota and getting a new spring

Fixing or replacing a broken fuel door spring for Toyota Camry. - YouTube...