Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   New noise after tire rotation and shim kits (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/new-noise-after-tire-rotation-shim-kits-17767/)

KimikoPi 04-15-2008 12:39 PM

New noise after tire rotation and shim kits

Last week I took my car for a first tire rotation at 9k miles and the TSB fix for the squeaky front and rear brakes. Now I am hearing a strange new sound occasionally when I brake at low speeds. It's not a squeak. It's a low, almost muffled rubber grinding sound. It appears to be coming more from the rear of the car. Has anyone had this?

mikieboyblue 04-16-2008 08:38 AM

Re: New noise after tire rotation and shim kits

Originally Posted by KimikoPi (Post 168540)
Last week I took my car for a first tire rotation at 9k miles and the TSB fix for the squeaky front and rear brakes. Now I am hearing a strange new sound occasionally when I brake at low speeds. It's not a squeak. It's a low, almost muffled rubber grinding sound. It appears to be coming more from the rear of the car. Has anyone had this?

It is maybe the sound of the pads against the rotors? I know I get a sound like that but I can't hear it until I have slow down quite a bit. My mother's RAV4 is always making that sound. I don't know what what type of pads Toyota uses but they seem more metallic than others.

Mystifier 04-17-2008 07:09 PM

Re: New noise after tire rotation and shim kits

Exact same problem for me. I had TSB BR007-07 done at 5000 miles. The high pitched squeal is gone but about 2 weeks later I started hearing the lower pitched 'whoop' sound instead. I took it back to the dealer last week and they resurfaced the face of the rear brake pads and that cured it for about 4 or 5 days and now it's starting to come back again. I guess I'll take it back in and have them check it out again.