Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Moonroof / Sunroof Tilt problem (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/moonroof-sunroof-tilt-problem-14466/)

morowe 07-15-2007 05:17 PM

Moonroof / Sunroof Tilt problem

So our moonroof is no longer closing when the tilt down button is pushed. When we do push the down button it closes then reopens, like there is something in track, but there is nothing there. To get it closed we have to tap the button and inch it until it is closed.

I googled it and found one thread that talked about initializing the moonroof... We tried that but it didn't work. Toyota says to take it to a dealer now. Kinda sucks since there is just about 100 miles on it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

KC Rusty 07-15-2007 07:38 PM

Re: Moonroof / Sunroof Tilt problem

had about 600 miles when mine acted up -- both switches started doing both funtions - both opening and tilting the window.. If I closed the window and kept holding the switch it would tilt open.. Took it to the dealer - about a 10 minute fix - they stated the computer messed up - reprogrammed it and all has been well for about a year and 13000 miles..
Mine was just a glitch - your issue is probably the same.. let us know.

nyceshirtz 07-15-2007 07:39 PM

yes, i currently have the same problem. it is at the dealer and will report back when it is corrected!

morowe 07-18-2007 06:35 PM

Dropped it off at the dealer today... They had to order a new ECU/motor unit. It will be a one day turnaround.

nyceshirtz 07-20-2007 06:57 PM

:D dealer stated that they had to initialize the moonroof. i tried to initialize it prior to bringing it to the dealer, but i couldnt get it to initialize. perhaps the dealer has a magic wand.

morowe 07-22-2007 06:25 PM

Yeah we tried the initialization steps too and they didn't work. The dealer said maybe all they had to do was re-program it, I figure they were going to try what we did.

In the end we received the new ECU/motor unit and everything is better now.