Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Michelin Energy Saver AS tires (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/michelin-energy-saver-tires-24582/)

Bobfl 06-16-2010 02:19 PM

Michelin Energy Saver AS tires

I just recently had Energy saver tires put on my 2007 Hybrid. They replaced the original Bridgestones that I grew to hate over time due to ever increasing noise. The Bridgestones were not completely shot (39,850 miles) but I could not stand them anymore! What is interesting is the increase in mileage. I live in an area of mostly two lane country type roads and some suburban streets, and was averaging about 37-38 MPG with the Bridgestones. With my new tires I am now averaging around 47 MPG! This is no scientific test and have not been running AC with either set of tires but its just amazing to me. I won't know about highway performance until I head back to FLA in September but I'm hoping to increase from 35-37 to 40-42 MPG. These figures are all from readouts on the dash.

Bob

Mendel Leisk 06-16-2010 07:36 PM

Re: Michelin Energy Saver AS tires

What were the Bridgestones, if you recall? The Michelin Energy Savers are without a doubt very LRR, but still I'm skeptical (and you probably are too), that they are worthy of a +25% increase in mileage. It will surely stay higher, but settle back to something like the values in your second to last sentence.

GeorgiaHybrid 06-17-2010 12:17 PM

Re: Michelin Energy Saver AS tires

I have been running the A/S tires for the past 20,000 miles or so and I think your numbers are going to come back down closer to your past mileage. Mine gave me a slight boost (+ 3%) but the Micheling tires are a LOT nicer than the OEM Bridgestones. Judging from the tread wear so far (3/32 in 20,000 miles+), they will last to around the 60,000 mark. They are also better handling in the wet and dry and give a quieter ride.