Cruise Control Doesn't Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Cruise Control Doesn't Shut Off

I have a different cruise control issue than discussed elsewhere. I find that when the cruise control is on and I apply the brakes, the car tends to accelerate as if it is going up a hill. I have to stomp down on the brake pedal for it to shut off.

The Toyota dealer said that the new brake design is the cause and the system is working as designed. I find this a little hard to believe.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Cruise Control Doesn't Shut Off

I don't think this cruise control was ever designed for the TCH. It is the standard cruise control used in other Camrys. It has problems with the CVT I think. It also probably interpreted light braking as a sign that it was going up a hill, as light braking does not actually apply the brakes, only the traction generator to slow down at first.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

lizwiz,

My cruise control takes more brake pedal pressure to turn off than I'm used to. I find using the cruise control stalk to turn it off works best. TomS brought up a plausable reason, so maybe this is the way it works.

Brian

Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Duplicate/identical post... Let's jump to just one before each creates its own long thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=13358