Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Chirping sound from interior battery air vent (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/chirping-sound-interior-battery-air-vent-19210/)

jrthom 07-22-2008 05:21 PM

Chirping sound from interior battery air vent

We purchased a 2008 Camry Hybrid in October which just recently turned 7000 miles. A few days ago, we began to hear a high-pitched chirping noises when hitting small and large bumps in the road. Though the noises were apparently coming from the interior battery air vent, the fact they were made as we drove over bumps made me suspect they were related to the suspension or shocks. We didn't begin to hear them until we had driven about 60 miles, and the next day didn't hear them in the morning but they returned in the afternoon. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow but assume they won't hear anything.

RESOLVED: I went to the dealer who fund a loose screw and one missing beneath the air vent on the rear deck. Missing screw was added and loose screw tightened. So far, no more noise.

Thanks for the input.

UWAdventurer 07-22-2008 06:57 PM

Re: Chirping sound from interior battery air vent

I have about 9300+ on my '08. I'll try to listen for the chirping, I haven't noticed anything on mine.

Keep us informed on your findings.

Intrus 07-24-2008 03:37 PM

It's possible that something foreign object has gotten into the intake duct and is touching the blower when you hit a bump.

I would highly recommend getting the blower and intake system looked at. If something was to jam the blower it would cause your battery pack to overheat and the HV system would shutdown, leaving you with a gas-only hybrid.

It's also possible that it's something as simple as a loose bolt allowing something to shift and squeak. But better safe than sorry.

pr39th 07-24-2008 07:47 PM

Hello All

Mine just return today from the toyota Warranty shop with this same problem, it was the fan unit itself that had the bolts loose, they just tight the bolts and fix the fan unit and the noise went away

Intrus 07-24-2008 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by pr39th (Post 182257)
Hello All

Mine just return today from the toyota Warranty shop with this same problem, it was the fan unit itself that had the bolts loose, they just tight the bolts and fix the fan unit and the noise went away

very cool. This is something to make a note of.