Bluetooth phones

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth phones

I have done a search for threads that discuss the compatibility (or lack thereof) of bluetooth phones with the TCH. While helpful, what I am really looking for is which of the different phones work the best (or, at least, work well based on personal experience). I'm not in the market for a high-end cell phone like a Treo either.

I guess I am asking if people can reply what kind of bluetooth phone they have and how well it works with their TCH. I think others may find some kind of concise list useful as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Old 12-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth phones

Toyota Bluetooth Specs http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Old 12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by bakerx3
I have done a search for threads that discuss the compatibility (or lack thereof) of bluetooth phones with the TCH. While helpful, what I am really looking for is which of the different phones work the best (or, at least, work well based on personal experience). I'm not in the market for a high-end cell phone like a Treo either.

I guess I am asking if people can reply what kind of bluetooth phone they have and how well it works with their TCH. I think others may find some kind of concise list useful as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
Your choice will in a large way depend on what phones your cellular provider supports.
In my opinion the Sony Ericsson are far superior to any phone brand on the market in Bluetooth compatability and the Toyota/Denso Navigation Bluetooth implementation. I have experience with the T-616/T-637/Z520(x) phones.
I have a Treo 700p and it's Bluetooth is poor compared to the SE. My wife has a Samsung and it's "OK" but still not in the same class as the SE's.
Do you sense I am a SE enthusiast? If you do it's because I am.
Things you want are reliable paring and session establishment and teardown, phone book transfer capability, caller-id, signal strength indicator and battery level indicator support. SE does it all.
J

Old 12-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Hey all,

I have a one day old Camry Hybrid paired with a Samsung SGH-T509 from T-Mobile. It connected quickly and without a hitch with the car. Makes and takes calls from my pocket with no problem at all. Great Bluetooth reception, although no display of remaining battery or signal strength. It will display caller ID, but I have not tried to import the phone book yet. It seems really functional for one of the cheaper bluetooth phones.

Hope it helps,
Mark

Old 12-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a Sanyo Katana (Sprint) phone and it works great with the bluetooth.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It would be best if you listed your cell phone provider, as that will narrow your choices. I have Verizon Wireless and use the LG8300. It pairs up flawlessly every time I start the car and works very well.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies from everyone. I have Verizon. I was just looking at getting an LG8300. Glad to hear it works well. Does it ring in the car from an incoming call or from the phone?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

i have a T-Mobile SDA, it pairs very well with my TCH, but dosent show battery, signal strength, and it shows the provider as BT, it dosent even a complete phone book transfer in one shot, i have to do one at a time.

Audio quality is very good, even other people are able to hear me with out any difference. it rings in the car spearker

Old 12-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by lucky07
i have a T-Mobile SDA, it pairs very well with my TCH, but dosent show battery, signal strength, and it shows the provider as BT, it dosent even a complete phone book transfer in one shot, i have to do one at a time.

Audio quality is very good, even other people are able to hear me with out any difference. it rings in the car spearker
BT in this case is not your provider but rather BlueTooth and there is a little indicator showing how well of a BT connection you have.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok I have had 3 different phones since we got our TCH. Moto L6, LG VX9800, LG VX8300
The Moto was OK with the BT connection to the TCH...but some times you had to prompt it to connect. The 2 LG phones are astonishing. My wife (it is her car) has left her phone on in the kitchen which is 1 floor above and like 35' from the garage but if she does and we pull into the garage it will link right away (heris is the VX9800). I only hook my VX8300 on occasion and every time the link is right away.

So that is the feedback I can give. In other news the LG VX9800 has fantastic reception. We get signal in many places we didn't with other phones...the VX8300 is nearly as good but not quite.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth phones

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands