Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Any San Diego dealers carry 0-20w?? Ridiculous! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/any-san-diego-dealers-carry-0-20w-ridiculous-16978/)

skywagon 02-06-2008 05:52 AM

Re: Any San Diego dealers carry 0-20w?? Ridiculous!

Originally Posted by megamonsterman (Post 160904)
Hehe... you are lucky at least you can order them at $11 a quart. When i first ask for that, they have the same reply and say I never heard of 0W-20. I ask them if they can order them and i will pay whatever they want to charge, they say they can't. I was very surprise and then I decided to order Amsoil oil and have them deliver straight to my home. Less hassle and less problem.

6 months now i am using my hyrid with amsoil synthetic. No complains runs fine during the coldest winter so far and has no problem starting my car when my neighbour has problem with his new Civic. Even my old 1998 Civic which i drive once in a while starts up easily and increase my FE.

:D My 55 gallon drum price is 4.91 per qt. Amsoil. :P :P :P

megamonsterman 02-06-2008 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by skywagon (Post 160914)
:D My 55 gallon drum price is 4.91 per qt. Amsoil. :P :P :P

Good for you if you need to buy 55 gallon drum... do you use if for cooking too? Deep fried chicken? I just use it to oil my joints.

zebrajeb 02-09-2008 10:38 PM

My dealer didn't have 0-20 either but they "ordered" and it cost $10 per quart! I got upset since they didn't tell me the price in advance. Got a refund and free oil change.

By the way, I called local distributor and can buy Mobil 0-20 for about $24 per case. Next time I do that and take it to the dealer. Try local distributors. They will usually sell to anyone. I bought my Delvac oil for diesel Jetta that way for years - same place the big trucks and truck companies did!

John

SPL 02-11-2008 09:25 AM

I checked my invoice. I bought two cases of Toyota synthetic 0W-20 oil (they had to order it in from Toyota), and was charged US$4.25 per quart. Perhaps I was lucky and it was on special? But it was a good deal.

Stan

FastMover 02-11-2008 10:13 AM

It may be a local thing because of the number of hybrids around Olympia, but I have never had a problem finding 0W-20. The local Parts Plus has Mobile One 0W-20 on the shelf.