Home Charging Discuss Home Charging here

Are you new to EVs and EV charging?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Are you new to EVs and EV charging?

I put together a few notes recently on my blog for people new to EV's and EV chargers. I hope you find it useful.

https://evtechplanet.com/what-every-...-need-to-know/

Old 05-12-2024, 06:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Are you new to EVs and EV charging?

Thanks for the link. I have been using the 110 volt EVSE cord that came with the 2021 Pacifica but it takes around 12 hrs to get a full charge with that if the battery is almost depleted. I am considering a hard wired home 220volt charger but they are a bit pricey. To me the PHEV technology is the best of both worlds (with the present battery technology). I usually take short local trips that are well within the Pacifica's 35 mile battery range so I have not purchased any gasoline for many weeks. Dash readout presently shows 74 MPG overall for around 4500 miles. Really liking this Pacifica! Bought it dirt cheap too plus got a $4,000.Tax Credit (icing on the cake) I have 16k invested in a 2021 like new Pacifica that gets +70 MPG and drives like a dream.... These things seem to be the best kept secret in the used vehicles car marketplace!

Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Are you new to EVs and EV charging?

Originally Posted by dnt1010
Thanks for the link. I have been using the 110 volt EVSE cord that came with the 2021 Pacifica but it takes around 12 hrs to get a full charge with that if the battery is almost depleted. I am considering a hard wired home 220volt charger but they are a bit pricey. To me the PHEV technology is the best of both worlds (with the present battery technology). I usually take short local trips that are well within the Pacifica's 35 mile battery range so I have not purchased any gasoline for many weeks. Dash readout presently shows 74 MPG overall for around 4500 miles EV Charger. Really liking this Pacifica! Bought it dirt cheap too plus got a $4,000.Tax Credit (icing on the cake) I have 16k invested in a 2021 like new Pacifica that gets +70 MPG and drives like a dream.... These things seem to be the best kept secret in the used vehicles car marketplace!
The other day I used Electrify America and other Brand EV owners came to look at my ride. I need to get to knowledge 101 so to speak more knowledgeable. It seems that EV owners are very knowledgeable about their vehicles , more so than the dealership sales people.