Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Saturn Vue Green Line (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/saturn-vue-green-line-54/)
-   -   Room with a VUE (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/saturn-vue-green-line-54/room-vue-10398/)

changetheworldnow 10-08-2006 08:57 PM

Room with a VUE

Hello anyone out there?

Have a prius and want to trade in my ICE only Highlander but high price and diminishing disappearing Tax Savings is pushing me away
from Highlander Hybrid.

Wondering about the 2007 Saturn VUE; hybridcars dissed this as not a
'true Hybrid'. Sounds like it might not be able to stealth mode all electric like Prius and others.

The advertised MPG is not bad but I worry that real world may be much lower.

Anyone test drove or heard about this?

Tom
memacs@maine.rr.com
:shade:

just522 10-08-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Room with a VUE

Having just ridden in one yesterday, I can tell you that it certainly is not the kind of hybrid you are used to. The hybrid battery is only 36 volts limiting it to auto-stop and very minimal assist functions. Compared to any other hybrid out there, there is very little instantaneous feedback to the driver. There is no mpg graph or battery state of charge meter, only an "Eco" light that tells you when you are exceeding EPA mpg, and a charge/assist dial. Compared to the regular VUE, or similar SUV, the hybrid system is a nice addition for auto stop and smooth starts, but if you're looking for a hybrid SUV with good MPG, and are not interested in the Highlander, I would look closer at the Escape/Mariner for better MPG and a true hybrid SUV.

curt 10-09-2006 04:24 AM

Justin got it right.

While Saturn are calling the VUE Greenline a "mild hybrid", the only functions of the extra battery are to fast-start the ICE and to keep the amenities working during auto-stop. This means that the AC will continue to blow cold air while the ICE is turned off, but there is no mode for moving the vehicle solely under electric power at all.

The price is certainly lower, and the Highway MPG is very good, but the VUE just isn't a true hybrid.

The Escape and Mariner are almost exactly the same size as the VUE, and are true hybrids.

changetheworldnow 10-10-2006 05:49 PM

Hey Curt

Thanks I wont waste my time with that one
I appreciate the input

I drove the FEH found it a bit disappointing

With clean diesel a reality may try the Passat/Jetta Wagon

Tom

EZ2beGreen 10-14-2006 07:43 AM

No VW TDI's for 2007...

they will likely be back in 2008 though