Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Nissan Altima Hybrid/Infiniti M35h/ Q50 hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/nissan-altima-hybrid-infiniti-m35h-q50-hybrid-58/)
-   -   Possible to turn off "safety" feature on Nav system? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/nissan-altima-hybrid-infiniti-m35h-q50-hybrid-58/possible-turn-off-safety-feature-nav-system-18928/)

StevieC 07-05-2008 08:10 PM

Possible to turn off "safety" feature on Nav system?

I'm new to this forum but have really be enjoying it so far and have learned a lot!

I apologize if this is in the manual and I just couldn't find it, but I'm wondering if there is a way to turn off the safety option that disables many of the navigation features while driving the car. The Pilot that I owned before did not have this restriction, and it has been very frustrating to not be able to set a location while driving. I understand the reason behind it, but this restriction even prevents my wife who is sitting in the passenger seat from making use of many of the features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

stephen431 07-08-2008 02:12 AM

Re: Possible to turn off "safety" feature on Nav system?

There's no software code or option that anyone has been able to find.

A guy on the Nissan Enthusiasts forum installed a switch in his dash wired into the nav system. It tells the nav computer that the vehicle has stopped moving. It also causes a few issues with tracking your current position.

townboy 07-08-2008 05:44 AM

Re: Possible to turn off "safety" feature on Nav system?

Originally Posted by StevieC (Post 179440)
I'm new to this forum but have really be enjoying it so far and have learned a lot!

I apologize if this is in the manual and I just couldn't find it, but I'm wondering if there is a way to turn off the safety option that disables many of the navigation features while driving the car. The Pilot that I owned before did not have this restriction, and it has been very frustrating to not be able to set a location while driving. I understand the reason behind it, but this restriction even prevents my wife who is sitting in the passenger seat from making use of many of the features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

u can find it in here www.nissanclub.com