Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Saab Bankrupcy - strategy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Engineering first
Default Saab Bankrupcy - strategy?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/21/bu...ss/21saab.html

FRANKFURT — Saab, the Swedish maker of road-hugging sports cars and sedans, filed for bankruptcy on Friday as it was cut loose by General Motors as part of the American company’s sweeping restructuring plan.

Unmoored from its parent, Saab went to a Swedish court for protection from its creditors, and said the company would — with assistance from the Swedish government — reorganize to pave the way for private investors to buy all or part of the company.
. . .
I was thinking about this along with the Saturn plant located about 50 miles north of here in Tennessee. The Hummer assembly line is in Louisiana. The southern senators went out of their way to oppose bailout money and one strategy might be to just let the 'southern' based divisions go out of business.

The irony is GM could announce,"we're looking for a place for a new plant to build our Volt based pickup truck" and the southern governors with senators in tow would be up there in a New York second with tax cuts, road and utility deals and everything but out right bribes (opps, 'incentives'.)

When I want to shoot my muzzle loader, I head over to Swan Creek, past the closed Delphi plant. The southerners pretty well took themselves out of the auto labor movement 10-15 years ago.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Saab Bankrupcy - strategy?

Yes, in 2009 Saab files bankruptcy.If the marketplace has rejected the product
If consumers have voted with their wallets by buying other cars
Why should the Swedish government tax people who drive Nissan's to save Saab?