Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Prius driving CHI to NYC

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:22 AM
HypoFueler
Default Re: Prius driving CHI to NYC

The math was simple enough for me and probably most viewers.

One car took almost two tanks of fuel to make the long trip - the other less than one.

The main reason - driving style.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

The video made me very jealous.

The most I've ever been able to achieve in a trip was 45.5 mpg and this was by hypermiling as best I could. The best for a tank was 44.5mpg. But both of these with the tires at 30psi.

Now that they're at 44 I am hoping to see some sort of improvement, lest I think that only the Prius is capable of shooting out the lights with regard to mpg. 70 > 45.5

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

ChicagoHCHII:

We need to set you up for a clinic. Perhaps after that you'll get a chance to see how it is done you'll understand why and how folks like Wayne do it.
Now speaking from some experience, I can assure you that with a good setup and practice you can add at least another 20 MPG on top of your current mileage. We have some HCH-II owners breaking the 70MPG almost consistently to prove it.

Just drop by CleanMPG to take your first step.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Driving in stealth mode

msantos why don't you come down to Chicago and show us? I'd show up. I'm sure I could use some tips. I've been over to cleanmpg a few times.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

I am definitely not the most qualified to offer such clinics but there are quite a few folks at CleanMPG that are superb... and also operate in your vicinity. Next time you visit CleanMPG just ask about it and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Also, I will be at hybrid fest along with many other CleanMPG folks and that will be an awesome opportunity to "exchange notes" with other hybrid owners

Cheers;

MSantos