Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Lithium Ion Smart EV's in North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:48 PM
YA RLY.
Default Lithium Ion Smart EV's in North Carolina

Cool

http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/me...mediaID=060130

Old 01-31-2006, 05:33 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Lithium Ion Smart EV's in North Carolina

I think a tiny, affordable car for daily commuting would be a big hit if they can get the price somewhere in the $12k-$15k range. I can see a scenario in which a 2-car family would use an EV for day-to-day stuff and a conventional car for the less frequent longer drives.

If Honda made a Civic EV, I'd surely trade my HCH in for it!

Of course, they could always incrementally increase the range of an EV by taking the Ford Reflex route and adding solar panels. I can see it now: you drive to work (30-40% of the battery) but as your car bakes in the sun, the solar panels recapture 5-10% of the battery charge.

I can see Ford, Toyota, and Honda building such a contraption someday. GM will probably be announcing the world's first coal-burning SUV (with optional catapillar drive) the very same week, ha ha!