Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Highlander Hybrid Owner for EXACTLY one month!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Highlander Hybrid Owner for EXACTLY one month!

Hi fellow Hybrid enthusiasts!

I'd like to introduce myself (or more accurately, my vehicle):

I'm the proud owner of a
BlueStone Metallic Limited 4WD LOADED HH in Santa Clara, California (in Silicon Valley - which really doesn't exist). We flew to Cleveland Ohio to buy and drive the little jewel home. The local dealers didn't have one available, had a VERY long waiting list OR were charging a premium over MSRP!

So to Cleveland we went! We drove from Cleveland to Chicago (where we spent 2 days playing) and then drove straight home ... only stopped for fuel (for HH and us!) and pit stops. It took 34 hours to get from Chi Town to Santa Clara. Trip was great EXEPT for a hail storm in Omaha, Nebraska which left HappyHiHy with a few dimples!

Odometer is about to turn to 3000 ... if anyone has any questions about the HH 4wd, please don't hesitate to ask.

Great group to be part of ... I look forward to sharing and learning LOTS!

Happy Hybriding!
DJ

Old 07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Highlander Hybrid Owner for EXACTLY one month!

I'm happy you're so enthusiastic about your purchase! Glad to have you here.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Enthusiast

Congrats on your new acquisition! Sounds as if you and I have exactly the same vehicle. I've had mine two weeks; got it in San Antonio where I live. Between the HH and my '03 Prius, I want to drive all the time! I'm getting 45 mpg in my Prius even with A/C running year-round, but I'm not expecting the HH to do as well vis-a-vis the conventional Highlander. However, I bought it because I love the technology and needed an alternative to my 14-mpg Tundra!

As for the hail dings, I'm never comfortable driving a new vehicle until I have that first ding. Enjoy!
Dana

Old 08-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Contributor ($)

HappyHiHy,
Congratulations on the new purchase. It sounds as if you have gotten plenty of "behing the wheel" time in your new HH. Thanks for offering to share your experience/observations.

Welcome to GreenHybrid.